PDA

View Full Version : Range work with Henry Original

Ramjet-SS
09-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Been shooting this wonderful rifle Henry has done wonderful job duplicating an American legend of rifle. The action is silky smooth. The gun is very accurate and I have settled on a load that shoots fantastic. A 275 grain SWC HP that casts just perfect over 7.5 grains of Universal shoots 4" groups at 75 yards with open sights. It is such pleasure to shoot this gun with the low recoil and the silky smooth action. It was a pricey gun but worth it in my opinion.

country gent
09-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Which one do you have brass frame or steel framed? I have the steel framed model and the case fit and finish is very good. Mine was a little stiff getting the follower all the was forward to turn the loading tube for a short time. Im shooting a 215 grn round nosed flat point lubed with spg over 2 f Old Ensford black powder. Rifle is smooth and a ball to shoot, you have to watch where your forward hand is in relation to the follower or it quits feeding. And mine is sensitive to overall length, a little to long and the round binds on the tube a little to short and the next rounds rim binds on the lifter. Im still considering a marbles tang sight on mine.

Ramjet-SS
09-25-2018, 11:32 AM
Brass and mine is the 45 LC the fit and finish is absolutely fantastic and wood on mine is breath taking. I love the idea of the tang aight as mine is regulated for the 44-40 so it shoots high with my 45 LC load. The tang sight would remedy that for sure.

Texas by God
09-25-2018, 01:11 PM
A lighter bullet should drop your POI, too. I was cranking them out with my buddy's Uberti Henry when he first got it and my hand blocked the follower(click-woops)[emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MyFlatline
09-25-2018, 03:31 PM
My Henry BBS shorty is impressive..these at 60 yards +/- off a rest

country gent
09-25-2018, 03:49 PM
One ting to look at, Ive been told on some the serial number / ID is on the upper tang so you might not be able to mount a tang sight with out destroying that. Mine is on the lower tang under the lever

Ramjet-SS
09-25-2018, 04:02 PM
You may be correct I just use some Kentucky windage and hit my intended target without issue. But a nice peep would be nice but not totally nessecery. Accuracy is really good with these rifles. Like I said it's a higher cost rifle but I have no doubt I spent my money the right way.

Ramjet-SS
09-25-2018, 04:04 PM
A lighter bullet should drop your POI, too. I was cranking them out with my buddy's Uberti Henry when he first got it and my hand blocked the follower(click-woops)[emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Absolutely I have done that few times myself but am learning and more aware. :sad:

country gent
09-25-2018, 06:54 PM
I was using my bench sticks with mine and the follower caught on the leather sling LOL.

I had thought about one of the MVA full length Malcom scopes but it would have to be mounted off center to allow for ejection of the cases.

59sharps
09-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Sights where mounted on the rear of the receiver. I have one on mine. For location and dim. Go to the NSN-a. Board. And ask for the spec. Sheet. Several sutures sell the sight. Oh I'm assuming you are talking the 1860