PDA

View Full Version : Found a new copper remover

JDL
03-31-2005, 05:32 PM
I've been working on the .358 barrel that I so foolishly shot some jacketed in, and found I was about out of Sweet's. Went to the gun shop yesterday to pick up some more and was told that they were out and it was on order. He told me that he had been using a new product and had found it was every bit as good as Sweet's and personally he prefered it to Sweet's. Yeah, sure! Only because it was in stock, right? Well, I bought a bottle called "Pro-Shot Copper Solvent IV", gave it a test ride today, and was duely impressed! It removed the copper quite eaisly and smells like 409 cleaner, no ammonia smell at all, which should make it eaiser to work with indoors. Also, it isn't supposed to be harmful to barrels, unlike strong ammonia cleaners, which is one reason the gunny said he prefered it to Sweet's, as when a customer walked in while he was in the process of cleaning a barrel. You may find it to work well for you too.
The barrel is clean and will not be desecrated again with jacket fouling. EVER!-JDL

buck1
04-01-2005, 02:37 AM
I got some a wile back. It pulled the copper out better than hoppies benchrest by a whole lot . good stuff. ....buck

JDL
04-01-2005, 09:45 AM
An update on the Pro-Shot Copper Remover. You probably need to use gloves when using as it really dried my fingers out. Most of the time, I do but, I was in a hurry yesterday, no excuse though.-JDL

Slowpoke
04-02-2005, 01:10 PM
An update on the Pro-Shot Copper Remover. You probably need to use gloves when using as it really dried my fingers out. Most of the time, I do but, I was in a hurry yesterday, no excuse though.-JDL

Yep hands today, liver and kidneys tomorrow !

I don't fool with that kind of crap anymore.

A few well planned fire lap rounds and a little JB from time to time and serious fouling is thing of the past for me.

Good luck

JDL
04-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Slowpoke,
What's your procedure for firelapping the fouling out?-JDL

Slowpoke
04-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Slowpoke,
What's your procedure for firelapping the fouling out?-JDL

I don't fire lap the fouling out.

If I have a barrel that fouls bad or quick with condoms, after it's cleaned it gets fire lapped, then when its time to clean again I use JB only.

Life's a lot simpler now.

Good luck