PDA

View Full Version : fed ex ammo shipping. NO MORE

porthos
09-12-2018, 06:12 PM
went to the fed ex TERMINAL to ship some 348 win ammo that i sold. was told that they no longer do that. i need to go on line and open an account and after that it will be picked up at my residence.

bedbugbilly
09-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Is this a recent change? Or is it just the terminal and person you dealt with? I bought some loaded ammo a few weeks ago form a fellow - he shipped it to me from Yuma, AZ - I'm in Michigan. There was no issue with doing it.

Petrol & Powder
09-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Could they show you the change in their regulations or did some guy/gal behind the counter just tell you that?

I've run across my share of anti-gun clerks that just want to make anything firearm related difficult.

Shawlerbrook
09-12-2018, 06:25 PM
I deal with UPS. Live out in the sticks about 5 miles from the nearest village. The UPS driver that delivers here told me either catch him in town or leave my package at the local cycle shop where he stops everyday. I have an online account and print my own labels. No problems.

Reddirt62
09-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Yep, happened after the San Antonio bombings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RogerDat
09-12-2018, 07:33 PM
The all want to have an account so they have a record of who you are etc. I think UPS requires it be processed through their corporate centers not the strip mall independent shipping locations. Possibly by having an account and printing own labels the requirements are being met? Allowing for home pickup, or pickup at more convenient location.

DCM
09-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Our local fedup has not accepted ammo for many years now. I believe it to be an anti gun employee thing as she told me that fedup never ships ammo, I had just received ammo from a retailer that was clearly marked as such so they were the first stop when I wanted to ship some ammo. I then went to an oops store and was told I could only ship it from one of their "hubs". So I went to the hub and they let me ship it but I needed the proper hazmat label and they needed to see an ID.

Reddirt62
09-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Doubt it is anti-gun more likely just doesnt know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dragon813gt
09-12-2018, 08:29 PM
So I went to the hub and they let me ship it but I needed the proper hazmat label and they needed to see an ID.

It wasn’t a hazmat label. If you truly needed a hazmat label you wouldn’t have been able to ship it. What they required was an ORM-D label. This has been required for a long time. And any ammo you receive from a retailer has an ORM-D label on the box.

Shipping from a hub has a been requirement for a long time as well. UPS stores have been a no go for a lot of items. This information is on their website. Not the easiest to navigate but it’s there.

bullet maker 57
09-12-2018, 10:18 PM
Fedex and UPS both will ship loaded ammo with the proper labeling. At least in NY.

Petrol & Powder
09-12-2018, 10:28 PM
It wasn’t a hazmat label. If you truly needed a hazmat label you wouldn’t have been able to ship it. What they required was an ORM-D label. This has been required for a long time. And any ammo you receive from a retailer has an ORM-D label on the box.

Shipping from a hub has a been requirement for a long time as well. UPS stores have been a no go for a lot of items. This information is on their website. Not the easiest to navigate but it’s there.

/\ So that makes more sense. Based on the OP's report, his local FedEx terminal has been violating their own regulations for years and just woke up.