PDA

View Full Version : Magma Master Caster

VHoward
09-11-2018, 09:17 PM
It has been over a year since I fired this baby up. Forgot how easy and fast it is to turn out a mess of good 9mm bullets. I got tired after 30 minutes. Going to have to build up stamina for this machine again as I need to produce more than the pile I did.

lightman
09-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Its a nice machine. Got one on my want list.

DeputyDuke
09-12-2018, 09:03 AM
I have one I got used, well used but it worked just like it was supposed to. Years later, and thousand of bullets later, it still works like new. What a joy to own a product that does exactly what is promised and does so without a blip for years and years. Excellent product!

AbitNutz
09-13-2018, 06:03 PM
The only downside is all the molds that I have that aren't M/C molds. It's to the point where I don't want to cast unless it's with the M/C. Hand casting seems to be such a chore in comparison...that's just how it is for me. Your mileage may vary.

Murphy
09-13-2018, 08:02 PM
It's been probably 30 years ago I had a Master Caster. I bought it for two reasons, selling cast boolits in the surrounding area to dealers, and helping feed my 1911.

One thing that was a major help, was my parents also owned a tire shop. All the free WW's I wanted, which wasn't enough but finding them back then was simple & cheap. I have no idea how many thousands upon thousands of boolits I cast with it. I'm going to put it at a rough estimate of 150,000. Sadly, due to a bad run of luck I sold it off. I did keep my Star sizer though.

No more than I shoot these days, while owning another one would be nice it just isn't feasible no more than I shoot. That, and mold choices. It's a great machine and if it's doing what you want and need, enjoy.

Murphy

Tazza
09-16-2018, 08:18 PM
I bought mine used 15 or so years ago, it's still running strong. It was the old cast iron style one, i believe the frame is now made of aluminium.

From just the use i have give it, it has done 350,000 or more, the pivot points show no signs of wear either. Great machine, it just keeps on going.