PDA

View Full Version : Fell in love yesterday

rvpilot76
09-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Got to fondle a new Ruger GP100 stainless with a 4" barrel in .357 Mag. I am smitten! I am dreaming of taking one to the range with a couple hundred 125 grain cast loads on top of 2.8 grains of Bullseye in a 38 Special case...
I am one of those guys who can't leave well enough alone though, when it comes to firearms. I religiously take everything I own apart and smooth everything up before I even shoot it. I also make sure things are spec'd out to what they should be. I had to send my 45 Colt Blackhawk off to the Cylindersmith to have the throats opened up, as they were way too small. Does anyone know if the 38 caliber cylinders suffer from the same problem? I don't have close access to a set of pin gauges, so I can't very well measure to make sure. Also, could someone point me in the right direction for some reference material for smoothing up, and performing modifications on, if needed, a double-action Ruger?

Thanks in advance fellas,

Kevin

Muddy Creek Sam
09-25-2008, 03:19 PM
GP100Man Did ours. Slick gun.

Sam :-D

rvpilot76
09-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I've found a Wolff spring kit, a HiViz fiber optic front sight, and my beloved One Ragged Hole rear sight aperture so far.

Edit: I also found Power Custom endshake bearings, as well.

Bass Ackward
09-25-2008, 05:32 PM
I've found a Wolff spring kit, a HiViz fiber optic front sight, and my beloved One Ragged Hole rear sight aperture so far.

Edit: I also found Power Custom endshake bearings, as well.

In my estimation, you've found all that I needed. I did change out the grips to fit my hand, but that is sort of expected.

The throats on mine were all the same. I couldn't measure the bore accurately as it is 5 groove, but the bore slug was a nice, tight fit in each. I needed one .002 shim to tighten things up

GP100man
09-27-2008, 08:59 PM
rvpilot76
hit the ruger forums , yes there`s 2 of em .
look for the IBOK it`ll give you the ins & outs of the GP better than i can explain .
at one time Ioweagan had it on automatic down load.

GP100man :cbpour: