PDA

View Full Version : My son's favorite birthday present

JRD
09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Yesterday was my older boys 7th birthday. I got this Daisy BB gun for him over a month ago and have been just itching for his birthday to come so I could give it to him.

My wife put the long package under his other presents, so he opened it last after opening some shirts and other toys. It was not terribly unlike "A Christmas Story".
It was his favorite birthday present.

He and his younger brother have both come to the range with me and shot 22 rifles, but the BB gun we can shoot in the yard together and get a lot more practice with.

There's not much more to the story, I just had to show off my boy and his rifle.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/jkdubois724/9-24-08013.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/jkdubois724/9-24-08017.jpg

Ricochet
09-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Very cool! Something he'll always fondly remember.

AZ-Stew
09-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Safety Glasses!!

(You don't want him to shoot his eye out!)

Regards,

Stew

Kidding aside, it will give him a good start into the shooting world and teach him some responsibility.

copdills
09-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Way to go , good man

Steelshooter
09-25-2008, 05:40 PM
JRD
It is one of most remembered moments for both my daughter and son when they turned 8 and got theirs. Make the time to spend with them and teach them, nothing is more important.
Chuck

crabo
09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
I had one, or two or three..... cool

Jim
09-26-2008, 05:41 AM
That's what I'm talkin' about!

Ben
09-26-2008, 08:35 AM
If you haven't had your fingers mashed good with one, you've missed a lot in your childhood.

Ben

TaylorTN
09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
My son will be two weeks old tomorrow.....I think "he needs" one......don't y'all?

""If you haven't had your fingers mashed good with one, you've missed a lot in your childhood."" --- Amen to that!!

I would hate to know how many BBs I shot out of our duckblind and at deer camp or at pickup targets from teh gunclub.

I was read this thread yesterday and was at Walmart later and HAD to go down the Airgun aisle to see what they had.

I will just start counting down unti I can buy him one at 6, like I got my first one.

Thanks for the great thread and memories it brought back.

TM

The Double D
09-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Let's see, finger is off trigger, and smile is a mile wide...yep that's good!

Tom Herman
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
My son will be two weeks old tomorrow.....I think "he needs" one......don't y'all?

My friend Edd Silvers back in Bakerville, NC. bought his son a gun when he was born, and buys him another one on every birthday. Lucky kid!
Edd's a hoot! He runs around town carrying a Buntline .44Mag...

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Navahojoe
09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I fondly remember my first BB gun, a Daisy Red Ryder. Santa came and took it back after I shot my cus in the foot as she was running across the yard. I led her like a crossing Dove in flight, and bam!, she was down and hollering. How in the world I hit her in the foot, I will never know. The last time I talked to her about it, she still had the BB in her foot. That incident happened over 50 years ago..

Ps: Daddy took me out behind the woodshed and gave me a reminder on safe gun handling, ( I couldn't sit comfortably for about a week) and Santa, the "stinker" still came and took my gun that night! :confused: Twas 2 years before I got another one for Christmas, along with a note in the box from Santa, "Remember the Woodshed".
regards,
NavahoJoe

EMC45
09-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Great story Navahojoe.

waksupi
09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Navahojoe, it is a wonder you can shoot at all. To have such a serious flinch at that young age, is a travesty! At least you didn't put her eye out! But, you didn't ruin any meat, either!
I shot my brother with a Daisy BB gun. He shot me with an arrow. Still have the scar on my forearm.

pjh421
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow! That is what being a boy is all about. Good choice Dad!

Paul

PatMarlin
09-30-2008, 02:31 AM
I still wish I had my Crossman 760. Man that was an accurate bb gun.

Good dad!... :drinks:

Ricochet
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
I've still got my Crosman 760. I still remember writing the order for it in pencil, enclosing cash and mailing it off to Montgomery Ward's, too. :mrgreen: