PDA

View Full Version : Sept 11....Never Forget

jonp
09-09-2018, 06:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4PWdOoOQjI

samari46
09-09-2018, 10:47 PM
We had moved to Louisiana from NYC long before the Twin Towers fell. I used to see them daily from where I worked. My wife woke me up and sat there for most of the day just watching. No,I'll never forget that day. We did pick up our daughters way early from school if something was to happen I and my wife wanted them home. Parking lot was madness. One woman broke an axle driving through a large puddle and unknown to her and anyone a else huge hole underwater. Frank

mattw
09-09-2018, 10:51 PM
I can remember everything about my office that morning. We actually had the news streaming on a computer before the attack happened. Most of us sat and watched, a few cried and many swore. Nope, never will forget! BTW, my wife was born on 9/11/66.

dlbarr
09-09-2018, 11:11 PM
I'll never forget.

redhawk0
09-10-2018, 07:19 AM
I was at a customer site. I serviced equipment that tested the electronic parts that go in the guidance system of the Patriot missiles. When I walked into the lobby the news was on the lobby Television. I did a quick system check for the day and went home. We were glued to the TV all the rest of that day and into the night. I remember how much I wanted to get even with all the Muslims...AND STILL DO!!!! They don't belong here.

Anyway...before I get too wound up....I'll stop.

Never Give Up....Never Surrender....Never Forget.

redhawk

kbstenberg
09-10-2018, 07:34 AM
RedhawkO 1+

Land Owner
09-10-2018, 08:04 AM
BHO and the Democrats set back this country to a near pre-Crusade level of Islamic hate, and that ain't a complaint. Still, the Bleeding Hearts want more, more, more.

When will it end? When we put a stop to it is when!

If you didn't vote in this year's Primaries, the problem is you.

If you don't vote in the 2018 mid-term Election, the Problem is YOU.

If you didn't vote because the Republican once said or did something that upset you, he talks and sometimes vulgar words come out, he taunts his opponents on Social Media, which causes you to think about degradation of the office, and the other candidate is Hillary Clinton, the problem IS YOU.

If you don't put forth the effort to understand the dynamics, the threats, the opportunities, the positions that differentiate candidates, or don't like the party's candidate and avoid the choice, the PROBLEM IS YOU.

If you don't vote THE PROBLEM IS YOU.

Don't let the problem be you!

I will NEVER forget!

owejia
09-10-2018, 08:18 AM
I remember the empty skies afterwards, no contrails from commerical jets or planes in the sky. Hardly any traffic on the roads here, eerie feeling. God Bless America!!!!!!

mattw
09-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Land Owner +1. Have not missed an election of any kind since I turned 18. Does not really matter in Illinois for the big races, but does count for the local races.

jonp
09-10-2018, 04:53 PM
My girlfriend of the time and I were eating breakfast in Coaticook, PQ. We watched the first strike and when the second plane hit I looked at her and said "we are leaving now". The border was already closed when we got there with a 1/2 mile of cars backed up. The only thing that got us across was that she worked at a customs broker at that crossing and we both were "locals" living a mile from the crossing.

Crossing the border a few days later on my weekly run to Wisconsin sucked. Since everyone knew me on my end it essentially was me and a Canadian Customs guy sitting in my truck talking about moose hunting and I got off easy but on the way back in The Sault the Canadian Guard searched the truck, which was fine, and saw a Fur Fish Game Mag on the bunk. I'll never forget the questioning.

Him: "I see the gun mag on your bunk. How many guns do you have in your home"?
Me: "What"?
Him: Repeats "How many guns do you have in your home"?
Me: "There are no guns or ammunition in that truck"
Him: " I didn't ask you that. I asked you how many guns do you have in your home"
Me: " It's no business of the US Government of what I have in my home and I'm sure as hell not giving an inventory of my home to a foreign government"
Him: " I can deny you entry"
Me: "Go ahead and let's go inside and speak the man in charge of this Port of Entry first before I leave"
He dropped it right there.

Most of the time I had good luck with the people on both ends. I bought a Benelli Super 90 Montefeltro in WI one time and declared it at the border. The Customs lady came out to the truck to verify the serial number, took a seat on the bunk and ooh'd and awed over the gun then we talked Lake Trout fishing in Lake Huron for an hour, what spoons were hot, depth the fish were at etc.