PDA

View Full Version : Rubber/Plastic Handle for Old Pacific Press

DonMountain
09-07-2018, 12:43 PM
I have been collecting some older Pacific C presses through the years, and wonder if anybody knows of a source for those straight bicycle-like handle grips for the 5/8" diameter operating handle rods common to these old presses. They don't have any finger grooves in them. And also, on a similar theme, does anybody have suggestions what might work to keep these plastic/rubber handle covers on the 5/8" rod so they don't slip off or turn during use of the press?

Skunk1
09-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Sinmple search on eBay turned up plenty. Type “vintage grips 5/8”. I would think any kind of rubber cement or adhesive would hold them in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salpal48
09-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Those Grips you are speaking off are called " Coke Bottle " grips. I purchased a pair a while ago . Search Vintage Bikes or child,s Tricycles

TNsailorman
09-07-2018, 07:58 PM
Go to your local bicycle shop and they should have them. james

country gent
09-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Another way is the rubber dips for tool handles like pliers. This comes in a can with a large opening and is thick. Put a wrap of tape at the length you want the rip and dip onto can let "soak for a few mins" remove and hang to cure. Have a paper or rag under it to catch drips. Tor a press handle a piece of flat stock with a hole drilled and tapped for the handle clamped to a bench rag on the floor and raise can to dip. You might have to do 2 coats to get the thickness you want. Most hardwares and tool shops have this on the shelf

mdi
09-08-2018, 11:37 AM
https://www.mcmaster.com/=1eiebnr Good variety of grips...

Char-Gar
09-08-2018, 11:53 AM
I used a length of old garden hose on my Pacific press handle.