PDA

View Full Version : Magazines donated to a public library

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-04-2018, 03:57 PM
My search efforts have failed, which rarely happens...So I will ask our members.

Has anyone heard of "Reloader" magazine ?

Here's the story:
A friend of mine volunteers at his local library. Donations of books from estates come in all the time. The most recent one was 16 large boxes from a gun owner who passed away. My friend was tasked with sorting through them for the library, many will be recycled, some will go into the library system and some are to be sold if they already have a copy or it's not a desired item for the library.

Yesterday, while we were playing cards at another friends place, he tells me that he sorted through the first few boxes on friday and he will get at the rest this week. He asked if I was interested in some "Reloader" magazines and two "Reloader" hard cover books. Those two hard cover books were 4" thick, he claims. I asked if the hard cover books were actually hard cover binders with 12 issues of the magazines (like the NRA did back in the 1960s). He said NO, they were books. He didn't have any more description of the magazines except they were "Reloader". He didn't know how old they were?

He didn't have anymore information to offer. I told him I wanted them all, depending on how many there were...and was willing to pay for them if they were to be sold. He wasn't sure how many magazines there were. I should have offered my time to help, no doubt there are some gems in the remaining unopened boxes...But that library is over 100 miles away from me.

So I ask again, has anyone heard of "Reloader" magazine ?

PS, My friend is a very precise person, so even though he isn't into guns and reloading, If the magazines were "Handloader", he surely would have said Handloader...but He clearly said "Reloader".

PSS, He also mentioned there were several "Gun Digest" books, the ones he seen were from the 1990s. I told him I wasn't interested in any of those.

PSS, As I type this, I regret not telling him to watch for bullet casting books...I may have to send him an email.

:castmine:

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-04-2018, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah...
I'm wondering if they might be Hodgdon annual reloading manual Magazine ?
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019627819/hodgdon-2018-annual-reloading-manual-reloading-manual

And I'm hoping it's NOT this Italian magazine, LOL.
http://www.reloaderitalia.it/reloader-magazine/

KMac
09-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Any chance it is actually Handloader magazine and not Reloader magazine?

Snow ninja
09-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Any chance it is actually Handloader magazine and not Reloader magazine? My thoughts exactly.

dbosman
09-06-2018, 07:05 PM
There were thousands of print magazines in the 1950s-1990s, covering every topic and sub-topic one could think of.
There was a research series of books that listed and cross indexed, all the magazines, journals, and trade publications. That set, at the university library was about two feet thick.
I look forward to finding out what this is.

varmintpopper
09-07-2018, 12:43 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Reloading-Magazine-2018/dp/B079RLFJPP/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1536338471&sr=8-3&keywords=reloader+magazine

Good Shooting

Lindy