PDA

View Full Version : Trade gun t-shirts in Australia?

nvbirdman
09-01-2018, 11:12 PM
I will be in Sydney in January, and I'm wondering if I should take a few t-shirts for possible trade for any Australia related shirts.
Good idea? Bad idea? Any thoughts?

LUBEDUDE
09-01-2018, 11:47 PM
I think it is a great idea!

When I was a young man I water skied competitively. I went to a Florida ski school for a week one winter. Many of the top European skiers came there to train all winter long. They loved trading T-shirts as much as we did. Their shirts were sooo different than ours, which made it so cool.

Also whenever we would see Europeans at big tournaments here they were eager to trade as well.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180902/61a20fe95e8c5d982adb1d58e052ed41.jpg

am44mag
09-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Sounds fun. You might not find a ton of people who are into guns enough to want to do it, but they do still exist down there.

sav300
09-02-2018, 06:06 AM
Maybe lucky,most t-shirts I have seen or have are USA designs.

William Yanda
09-02-2018, 06:58 AM
You can't sell apples from an empty wagon. If you don't take any you won't be able to offer. If you take them and don't trade you haven't lost much, unless you were planning to retire on the proceeds.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-02-2018, 07:46 AM
I will be in Sydney in January, and I'm wondering if I should take a few t-shirts for possible trade for any Australia related shirts.
Good idea? Bad idea? Any thoughts?

Maybe lucky,most t-shirts I have seen or have are USA designs.

Sav300 makes an excellent point, so be sure to bring T-shirts with a local flavor...meaning local to your state/town.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-02-2018, 07:54 AM
I think it is a great idea!

When I was a young man I water skied competitively. I went to a Florida ski school for a week one winter. Many of the top European skiers came there to train all winter long. They loved trading T-shirts as much as we did. Their shirts were sooo different than ours, which made it so cool.

Also whenever we would see Europeans at big tournaments here they were eager to trade as well.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180902/61a20fe95e8c5d982adb1d58e052ed41.jpg
nice photo, It reminds me of my younger days...although I never jumped or skied competitively, I grew up on the lake, a great water skiing lake. Besides a lot of slalom skiing, we did all the stunts that most amateur skiers did...barefoot, shoe ski, trick ski, I had a long board (a actual long surf board), we would surf behind the boat...landing back on a long board after jumping the wake is almost impossible, LOL. The one trick I never mastered...my Buddy could do a barefoot start, I never figured that one out.

dansedgli
09-03-2018, 06:32 AM
Unless you know you are meeting people who like guns dont bother.

tinsnips
09-03-2018, 05:53 PM
I traded baseball hat with a guy in GoldCoast bar when I was in Austrailia . We both were thrilled with the trade. You will love Austrailia the people are great.

bob208
09-04-2018, 02:53 PM
take Harley t shirts. every one wants them. I used to get factory shirts even dealers would trade for them.

kiwi
09-06-2018, 07:01 PM
There are plenty of Shooting ranges around Sidney should be easy to contact them, Aussie shooters are a friendly bunch you will have a great
time with them, swapping shirts and hats is popular with them, look up the SSAA it's a bit like the NRA.

jonp
09-09-2018, 04:31 PM
I've traded baseball hats all over the world. The idea about Harley shirts is a good one. Even people that have never seen a bike love those. I used to pick them up all over the country and take a few with me. Trade them for free meals, Hats, local jewelry etc. Eveyone want's those no matter where you are and the smaller, most remote HD dealer the better.

nvbirdman
09-09-2018, 08:18 PM
The only Harley shirt I have is one I bought in Florence Italy and I won't get rid of that, but I may buy a few at the next Reno Street Vibrations.

45workhorse
09-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Start visiting yard sales, you can pickup shirts that look new, for 25 cents! Nobody will know and it won't cost you has much.
Just my two cents worth.
Would like to visit the country again, I was there on my Uncles dime, Townsville (spelling?).

gwpercle
09-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Maybe the Aussies can't own a S&W but surely they can own a S&W T-shirt ?

sav300
09-11-2018, 07:25 AM
nvbirdman,
How long you be in Sydney? About a hour train trip into the mountains,is a town called Lithgow.
The Lithgow small arms factory and museum.I think you can get t-shirts there.:-D

Trains run on a regular timetable.

Walking distance from central railway station is Lawrence ordance.
Local gunshops have no imagineation? about t-shirts.

sav300