PDA

View Full Version : Do you please GOD ?

Boaz
09-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Jesus Christ did not do what he would do . Christ did what his father wanted him to do . Do you please GOD your father ?

John 8;28-29

So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” 30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him.

Boaz
09-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Have I failed ? Yes I personally have failed GOD my father . About ten years ago I was active in church , I had a lot of visitation going with the sick and dying . I was active as a stand in teaching and many other activities such as outreach , organizing children's etc . I was a single parent of a nine year old daughter and more or less only tried to teach her to worship , give service , youth activities in church and so on . I neglected my own relationship with GOD .

Seemed like my daughter should be the focus , I had been going to church all my life and frankly I was doing the work . From the outside it would have looked like I was neck deep in GOD's business . But everything I did was habit , I thought GOD had more or less given me privilege to handle his business by my own thoughts ...not his . I 'prayed' but it was habit and routine , there was no sincerity in in it .

My health declined , I was misdiagnosed by doctors . I kept waiting for the 'treatments' to make me well again . I knew I was going to die , at one point I had my sister call every morning to make sure I made it through to night so she could take care of my daughter Becky . It scared me that she would find me dead , I was a single parent .

I suffered over leaving my daughter , that tore at me hard . I started praying from my heart for GOD to cake care of her , I was tormented by it . In a short time it 'occurred' to me that I had separated myself from my father . GOD did not make me ill but he had separated from me . He had cast me adrift to myself . The giver of all life had abandon me .

I finally understood , I prayed fervently . God told me what to do and I did it . I understand now that I have no privilege . Separation from GOD is a miserable life and experience . Separation can happen quickly or slowly . I try to 'please' him now , he came back into my life .

Thank you for listening .

Charlie

Preacher Jim
09-01-2018, 07:43 PM
Hebrews says, Beware lest you drift. We all must guard our selves. Especially preachers and busy Christians because the work can become more important than the one we do it far. Prayer and study without confessing sins is an open door to drift.

GhostHawk
09-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Some days, some days not so good.

I think I am finally getting past the point where I am making big mistakes. But it is very easy to worry about our worries and neglect the Lords work and will.

Since this spring I have been I guess you could say arguing with the Lord.
He let me know he thought I was eating too well, too much. Drinking the wrong things.
And all of a sudden I had excess stomach acid, gas attacks that were very painful. Felt bloated much of the time. Eventually in aug I changed which bread I bought, started eating a lot more crackers. Still eat some chicken, pork. Less beef, some seafood, what ever I can find on the less expensive side.

I'd even gone to the doctor, got a perscription for a proton pump inhibiter. Helped very little, although 10 years back the same drug was awesome.

So I got back to listening, paying attention, watching what I eat and how much. And the last week has been good. He has his ways of turning us around when we are headed the wrong way.

Praise the Lord, my cup runneth over.
Thank you Lord.

Hickory
09-01-2018, 08:51 PM
I have read the instruction book (Bible) on how to please God, but, I know I'm short a few parts & screws on getting it like He has it planned.
He judges you heart not your work, so much.

Goatwhiskers
09-01-2018, 09:28 PM
You have given me much to ponder. Thanks, Charlie. GW

Boaz
09-02-2018, 05:54 AM
Luke 3;21-22

When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

Hogtamer
09-02-2018, 06:15 AM
Boaz, I played the "Martha" role exceptionally well for a long time myself, secure in my own busyness on the Lord's behalf. But bearing not much fruit. What a model church man I was! All that time what Jesus really wanted was for me to love Him and worship in spirit and truth. I do that now with you in the early morning darkness on the front porch. Thank you for the reminder.

Boaz
09-02-2018, 07:28 AM
Boaz, I played the "Martha" role exceptionally well for a long time myself, secure in my own busyness on the Lord's behalf. But bearing not much fruit. What a model church man I was! All that time what Jesus really wanted was for me to love Him and worship in spirit and truth. I do that now with you in the early morning darkness on the front porch. Thank you for the reminder.

Thank you Hogtamer . There are many of us who have failed but thanks to our forgiving Lord are renewed . As Jim pointed out it's an easy trap to get entangled in .

buckwheatpaul
09-02-2018, 08:06 AM
Charlie, a great lesson....kind of like rl69's lesson today.....I was where you were back in 1980 and God literally jerked a knot in me and I have steadily gained in my knowledge and dedication to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit....We all fail yet God is there to accept us as we are! Paul

Boaz
09-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Matthew 17;1-8

Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”

And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. 7 But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.” 8 When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

USMC87
09-02-2018, 08:48 AM
We all get caught up in our different ministries and we may get our eye off the Father which gives us these abilities, But be sure if we are sons we will be chastened and brought back in line.

Hossfly
09-02-2018, 09:40 AM
I don’t believe God ever leaves his children, if someone leaves it’s us not him. I do believe that some times God puts us in the fire to temper us, not to punish, but to make us better followers of his word.

jmort
09-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Potter and the clay. You will be molded. Understand that God is sublime in the furthest extreme. Beyond our comprehension. We can discerne it Spiritually. But Pslam 37:3-4 spells it out for our minds/souls and Spirits:

3Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. 4Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. 5Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will do it.…

So keep running the race. Do what Psalm 37 directs and the Unspeakable Joy Jesus said we would have here and now, in this fallen world is given by our Father God.

https://youtu.be/4ZdehJQ4XUU