PDA

View Full Version : one tough thing we all need

Preacher Jim
08-31-2018, 09:57 AM
The Bible in John 4:24 says God is spirit and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth. The Lord took me to task that my worship should be an out poring of what is in my spirit. My spirit has to be so full of his spirit that it over flows in everything I do. I caught 3 minutes of a sermon on radio that said the same thing.
Lord please empty me of me and fill my spirit with you so it overflows and influences everything I do. I want to be salt and light and can't do that on my own that has to be your salt seasoning and your light shining for all to see Jesus in what I do. Forgive me thinking church and not me because I am the church not some building. That building becomes the church when we who are your children come together and bring your light to concentrate in one place. Lord help us to light up this world to see the need for Jesus as Lord and Savior.
In Jesus name I pray
Amen

GhostHawk
08-31-2018, 10:03 AM
Amen and Amen!

Boaz
08-31-2018, 10:39 AM
You are 100% right ! If not done through the Holy Spirit it is not getting done . Thank you Jim !

Lord please guide me and strengthen me , guide me in your light to serve you better. Steady me on my path to you and determine my actions and words through your Holy Spirit . Give me to glorify you in all I do and hold me when I fail . Thank you Lord . Amen

Pine Baron
08-31-2018, 12:28 PM
Great words and prayer. Amen and thanks.

Blackwater
08-31-2018, 03:20 PM
Wow! What a wonderful prayer! All of us need to say this one at the start of every day, and then a prayer of thanks at night for whatever degree we and the Lord have managed to effect this. Jim, you are a man among men, sir, and I love your fire for the Lord. Thanks. It's inspiring.

USMC87
08-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Amen brother Jim.