PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Mainspring Housing Hole Size

deltaenterprizes
08-30-2018, 09:28 AM
I bought a Kolimous, not sure of the spelling, checkered mainspring housing with an attached mag funnel off EBay and the hole for the spring and plungers was too small!

I started to just enlarge the hole bit it is a really odd size!

The workmanship on this part is beautiful!

To return it I just downloaded a post paid label and got a refund in less than 24 hours!

Char-Gar
08-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the world of aftermarket 1911 parts. I bought a mainspring housing that was too small to use the Colt spring and plunger. I just bought a new spring and plunger from the maker of the housing and everything went together just fine. While I was at it, I went to a 19 lb mainspring. Drops the trigger pull down some and will still pop every primer known to mankind.

deltaenterprizes
08-30-2018, 02:36 PM
This one came with the spring and it did not fit!

Char-Gar
08-30-2018, 02:40 PM
This one came with the spring and it did not fit!

Well, if their spring won't fit their mainspring housing, I would say they have a quality control issue.

KCSO
08-30-2018, 02:45 PM
Drill ream and polish in the shop for fastest ignition.

deltaenterprizes
08-31-2018, 07:14 AM
Well, if their spring won't fit their mainspring housing, I would say they have a quality control issue.

I agree!

deltaenterprizes
08-31-2018, 07:17 AM
Drill ream and polish in the shop for fastest ignition.

I was thinking about doing that but the odd sized reamer would cost almost as much as the part!

It was easier to print a postpaid label and return the defective part and order another one!