PDA

View Full Version : Flag rules

DCP
08-28-2018, 12:32 PM
Here are all of the guidelines about how long to leave flags at half-staff, set out in Eisenhower's proclamation.

President or former president's death: 30 days

Vice president, the chief justice or a retired chief justice of the United States Supreme Court, or the speaker of the House of Representatives: 10 days

Associate justice of the Supreme Court, a member of the Cabinet, a former vice president, the president pro tempore of the Senate, the majority leader of the Senate, the minority leader of the Senate, the majority leader of the House of Representatives, or the minority leader of the House of Representatives: Death until interment

United States senator, representative, territorial delegate, or the resident commissioner from the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico: On the day of death and the day after

The governor of a state, territory or possession: Day of death until interment

rl69
08-28-2018, 06:16 PM
Also you take the flag to full staff, then lower to half. At dusk you are to rais to full then lower.

popper
08-28-2018, 08:27 PM
except for the libtards that never follow the rules.

Handloader109
08-30-2018, 03:27 PM
And folks whining about it. Mc was only a senator and a rep. Never minority. Nor majority leader. One day.

Jake McCracken
09-01-2018, 05:14 AM
Anymore it seems the flag goes to half mast way too often. It's kinda taking the meaning away.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Handloader109
09-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Yep, I do agree, that is one reason for the day of and day after, not a week.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jmort
09-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Will only say, should have stuck to the tradition and guidelines, and no more. I like and respect the fact that these guidelines exist as part of our great history and culture.