PDA

View Full Version : Long range match at Lodi Wisconsin. Be there!

BrentD
08-24-2018, 10:19 PM
September 8 and 9 will be the Fall Classic, aka the All Comer's match at Lodi. It is a 1000-900-800 yds match with 10 shots for score at each distance and unlimited sighters on each day. The Lodi range is a premier range and shooting facility. You can drive to each firing line, and the pits are one of the best.

The All Comer's match is basically like any other BlackPowder Target Rifle (BPTR) Creedmoor match except that a few rules are relaxed in hopes of drawing in a few more shooters. One of those rules is that duplex is allowed. Another is that you can shoot a different rifle on each day, even if you don't break your first one.

The weather is usually excellent in Lodi at that time of year. The range is great, the local fish fry is to die for, super people will be attending, and good beer will be available after the match. I don't know what else you can ask for.

I hope to see everyone there. Early (cheap) registration needs to be there before September 1.

Registration form and info http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/PPB/Matches/Lodi/2018%20All%20Comers%20Longrange.pdf

Brent

Chill Wills
08-24-2018, 10:57 PM
Sounds fun! I wish I could make it.

BrentD
08-24-2018, 10:58 PM
It could happen. You know there will be a good beer waiting for you.

rfd
08-25-2018, 05:43 AM
brent, the registration form link is hosed ....

BrentD
08-25-2018, 07:56 AM
brent, the registration form link is hosed ....

Thanks for pointing that out. It is fixed now.

Knarley
08-25-2018, 08:52 AM
How to get there don't work neither....

BrentD
08-25-2018, 09:07 AM
How to get there don't work neither....

What do you mean? Google maps will find Winnequah Gun Club and take you right there.

Don McDowell
08-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Those in the area, really need to turn out to these matches. It's a good range, in beautiful surroundings. I'm hoping next years schedule on the cup and regional match work out , as we will be back.

One thing you have to watch with Google maps/ seri in your vehicle it will take you to the wrong gate. Make sure the route takes you into the gate off of V highway.

mazo kid
08-26-2018, 03:33 PM
I live 20 miles from there, haven't shot in the matches because I am not much of a competitive shooter at those distances ( besides which....I am an old codger). I have day-tripped it a few times, it doesn't cost anything to watch and there is usually a kind of swap meet afterwards. Get to talk with top competitors and learn a few new techniques.

BrentD
08-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Maxon, guys over 80 shoot that match. You can now drive right to the firing point. Suit up and shoot.

I'll keep any newcomers in good beer for the pleasure of your company.

Boz330
08-28-2018, 08:28 AM
Sounds like fun. Unfortunately we have several local matches coming up at the same time. LR at Camp Atterbury, club match that Sun. and Friendship BPC match on Tues.
Not sure Camp Atterbury matches will happen next year, attendance has dropped off significantly and the spring match was just break even. Our club matches have been going down hill for the last couple of years and between deaths and new people being afraid to try the BPC stuff there are just no new comers. We have relaxed the rules as well and will allow smokeless just to get them in the door. Personally I would rather clean my BPCR than the smokeless rifles.
Lack of participation isn't a problem of shooting only, but many other recreational activities as well. It seems the young folks would rather play at life on a computer than actually experience it for real.

Bob