PDA

View Full Version : Huber Triggers

KCSO
09-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I got an ad a while back for Huber ball bearing triggers for military rifles. They make them for SMLE's, Springfield, Enfield, Mauser and Jap rifles. They has some pretty good claims as to hoow good the trigger pull would be so I ordered one for my Parker Hale SMLE.

Well I have to admit they make a GOOD trigger. About 1/2 hours work installing and setting the trigger and I ended up with a 3 pound pull with almost no creep. This was starting with a military two stage with about a 6 pound second pull. Now I CAN tune a military trigger to give a good pulll but that's about a 2 hour job and I like to have spares when I do the job just in case. Especially on the SMLE where you have to file and poillsh the two lobes to adjust first and second pull. This trigger sells for what a good trigger job will cost you anyway and you still keep all the old parts if you ever need to switch back.

If you have a sporter made on an old military action and you want a really good trigger pull check these out.

09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I was wondering about those triggers. Pushes me closer to parting with some of my mad money.

smokemjoe
09-23-2008, 07:06 PM
I got 2 for my K31s they are great, By the way , he is from Wisconsin and also where they make Huber Beer. Monore Wis.

Ghugly
09-23-2008, 07:27 PM
I put a Bold triger on my Mauser. I had to open up the stock a tad (perhaps a tad and a half). Sure made me a better shooter, for little time and very little money.

Ben
09-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I use Bold and Timney's. Both are great triggers.

Ben

Nelsdou44
09-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I have a Huber on a Twede. Highly recommend.

Nels

Three44s
09-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Huber also makes their trigger for the Mosin's as well.

Three 44s

littlejack
09-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I put one in my M44 M/N. I wasn't that impressed with it especially for the price. Maybe my 44 had more creep and slack than others. I still had to shim the mechanism to satisfy me. I still have the creep but it is less and the pull weight is less.
The problem that I see with "my" M/N is that the bolt will move vertically when in the battery position. This will alloy the sear to disengauge if the trigger pull is set to light. The bolt-way machined in the reciever is a little too oversize for the bolt.
Be careful.
Jack

frank505
09-26-2008, 01:18 PM
I tried a Huber on my Mauser 98 338-06. Had two slam fires, spent way too much time trying to adjust the damn thing and gave up. Put a military trigger back in, with a lighter spring. Pull is 5 pounds and crisp after the take up. I like it a very much and can land two Hornady 250 grain round nose about a half inch apart at one hundred from the bench and hit anything I need to in the field from field positions. I built this rifle some years ago and it has never killed anything, too many lever actions. It has shell maple stock, kinda like Elmer Keith's 333 OKH, oh and only a Lyman 57 rear sight with a barrel band front and sourdough partridge insert. Handy and not fragile or finicky as to load. Trying the NEI 300 grain gas check, shot three into two inches yesterday from sitting. A little slow, 1800 fps, I want 2000 or better just to flatten out the trajectory. Time is short, elk season starts the first of October and my whitetail starts the 15th.

PatMarlin
09-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I put the light weight skeletonized version on my VZ-24 in 358 win and it was an easy install- bout 3 lb pull and has worked flawlessly so far. Nice pull.