PDA

View Full Version : titegroup for rifle loads

44mag1
09-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Im new here so I dont no if this question is in the right spot or if it has been covered yet. Has anyone here tried titegroup in a rifle with cast bullets?Its not supposed to be case position sensitive and I have tried it in a 30-30 with decent results.

melchior
11-17-2008, 02:13 AM
I haven't tried it in rifles (yet), but I love it for handguns.

missionary5155
11-17-2008, 05:02 AM
44mag1
Good morning... Is there any TESTED Verified data... I usually first grab the info (websight / pamphlet) from the manufacturer and see if they have loads listed in that caliber OR a similar cartridge. If there is NO info you can contact the manufacturer and ask them. That is the safest route. Then there are all the suggested from safe sensible reloaders that I would still verify before I started loading it into my firearms. Preasure signs (fired primer condition, web expansion, ) need to watched and recorded when EXPEREMENTING with the UNKNOWN. The tolerences of your firearm are different from mine... where my old FoxB double 12 will handle 34+ grains of Unique under a .685 round ball may just blow apart another 12 guage.
So investigate... do the reserch... you NEVER want to return home with a cracked revolver cylinder or a slide locked to the frame or a rifle bolt frozen in place with a interesting crack on the breach ring. Hang around shooting long enough and you will see all those .... hopefully none worse and not yours.

dbldblu
11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
I have loaded 4 1/2 to 5 grains Titegroup in 30-30 and other slightly larger 30 calibers with good results. Makes a good plinking load. Ed Harris wrote about using 5-7 grains of various pistol powders for such an application. That is published enough for me.