PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help with load data for 338 Spectre 300-gr. cast??

theTastyCat
08-20-2018, 11:22 PM
Hey all - 338 Spectre is a great wildcat chambering that's not unlike the 300 Blackout, except it's .338 caliber, projectiles are up to 300 grains (and sometimes a bit more), and a lighter, smaller 9mm suppressor can be used instead of a .308 can.

I recently bought an NOE mold that was a group buy overrun; it's 315 gr. with a meplat and 304 gr. with the HP pins in it. Trouble is I can't find anybody with load data for this thing, and it's a wildcat, so there's really nothing to consult.

I know people come up with load data through software; any chance anybody might be able to help me out? I'm not sure how much work that would be, so please don't put yourself out!

I am looking for a subsonic loading that still cycles the gun; I've used 296 with 300-gr. SMKs before and it functioned well.

Sure appreciate any help you can give!

All best!

RU shooter
08-21-2018, 12:55 PM
If 296 worked with the 300 gr smk I bet it do ok with the cast bullet you got too , may have to adjust your jacketed load slightly as the cast bulletins generally more slippery but it weighs a little more so maybe not ? Give it a shot