PDA

View Full Version : Ideal #5 saves the day. Reloading .25 acp

Bumslie
08-18-2018, 11:55 PM
I recently acquired a Colt Jr in .25 acp.

I went through my assortment of powder dispensing tools to try and throw the tiny 1.3 gr of bullseye required.

I wasn't happy with the uniflow performance. My little dandy did not throw a small enough charge. Neither did the lyman accumeasure.

I tried to research if baileyboats adjustable rotor would work to no avail. I did not find anyone that had one that could verify for me.

Using the rcbs chargemaster was painfully slow but my only option minus modifying a .22lr case to use as a dipper.

While waiting for the chargemaster to throw, I kept searching for any help on how to better speed up this process. I somehow came across a post here talking about the ideal #5 and the .25 acp and I remembered I owned one. I was going through a spurt of collecting powder charging tools and bought one years ago, surprisingly do not have a lyman #55.

I dug it out and dusted it off. BOOM! 2nd try I was able to get it to accurately and repeatedly throw 1.3 gr of bullseye.

Now reloading. 25 acp isn't painful anymore :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jdfoxinc
08-19-2018, 11:00 AM
B.B.s rotor has too large of a cavity for .25 acp. Little Dandy 0 and 00 are still to large?

Bumslie
08-19-2018, 04:41 PM
B.B.s rotor has too large of a cavity for .25 acp. Little Dandy 0 and 00 are still to large?Yep. Even the 00 rotor is still too large.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WarEagleEd
08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
I've been looking for a Colt Junior, Star Model CU, or a Beretta Bobcat in .25 ACP.

That's cool that an old reloading tool did the trick.

BTW, are you loading cast boolits or manufactured j-words?

Ed