PDA

View Full Version : Gunsmith to refinish a Ruger Old Army

Gray Fox
08-18-2018, 10:29 PM
I have two Ruger Old Army C&B revolvers, one stainless and one blued from the first year of manufacture. It is sound mechanically, but has a few dings and the left side looks like someone spilled vinegar on it and failed to wipe it off. I'd like to have it refinished. I called Ruger and they refuse to do it in case they lose some small parts or springs during the process since they no longer have any parts. No kidding, that's what they told me! Do any of you have a recommendation for a gunsmith to do this, hopefully one that won't lose parts or charge and arm and a leg? All responses will be appreciated.

contender1
08-19-2018, 01:30 PM
Any good gunsmith that does rebluing,, should be able to do the work.

Hardcast416taylor
08-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Start calling around to shops that take in jobs like yours for quotes. Handloader and Rifle magazine usually have lots of places ads listed to try calling. Remember that in lots of cases you will get exactly what you pay for.Robert

Char-Gar
08-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Tim Malcolm who posted on this board as GoodSteel is an excellent gunsmith and does great blue work. He is Malcolm Precision Tool in Conway Arkansas.

Baja_Traveler
08-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Saw an Old Army once where the cylinder and barrel were blued and everything else was color case hardened. Boy did it look nice - unfortunately mine is stainless so I cant re-create it...

William Yanda
08-22-2018, 08:38 PM
Wish I had your problem.

RPRNY
08-22-2018, 09:07 PM
https://precisionbluing.com

Did a fantastic job on a Rogers & Spencer for me and were a pleasure to deal with.

Gray Fox
08-22-2018, 09:11 PM
RPRNY:

That looks like what I've been looking for. GF