PDA

View Full Version : Best Wife Ever!

enfieldphile
09-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Today my wife went to the place we got her tires @ to have them rotated.

She brought me home a box that has an easy 20lb of W.W. :-D

She made some cookies for the fellows @ the tire place. Redheads, gotta love 'em! :)

JeffinNZ
09-22-2008, 07:36 PM
OMG, I've married the wrong woman!

docone31
09-22-2008, 07:39 PM
You be lucky.
My wife an ex tree hugger from you know where, is not a serious shooter.
The first day she lit off her Swede G63, she went through 500rds. I turned my back on her. The barrel smelled hot from the other stand where I was.
I was pretty proud of her also. I did tell her, if you cannot kiss the barrel, DO NOT PULL THE TRIGGER!
She then watched me spend months reloading her adventure. She got me a progressive reloader for Christmas. I still do rifle on my C press, but she can sure burn up a lot of .45ACP.
She always comes back from the range with more brass than she started with. She even engaged a Geezer who was stealing her brass as she was shooting. One round was still hot and he told her it had been there for days.
My other ex's, fagetaboutit. This one is a keeper, I bet yours is also.

jameslovesjammie
09-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Your wife seems pretty cool, but MY wife is the best!

When we got engaged, she asked me what kind of wedding ring I wanted. I said that since I worked in a warehouse at the time, a wedding ring was a safety hazzard and would be a waste of money since I wouldn't be able to wear it. So what did I get instead? A Model 70.

That's right...how many of you guys out there have a wife cool enough to get you a wedding-gun?

Calamity Jake
09-23-2008, 08:36 AM
My wife does the CAS thing with me, she shoots 45C and loves it, every time I'm loading ammo she has to check on me and if it is not 45C she says "that's not cowboy boolets".
If I buy a new or new to me(used) gun for myself, the next one has to be a cowboy gun for her.

Newtire
09-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Hey James,

Does she have any sisters?

copdills
09-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Very Lucky Man, she's a keeper for sure

jameslovesjammie
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey James,

Does she have any sisters?

She does, but she's married. You wouldn't want her anyway...she's too much of a "city girl".

happy7
09-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Man you are lucky!!!!

SCIBUL
09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh I'm a lucky man too !
I'm married since 16 years now and during this time my wife bought me several guns :bigsmyl2:. The exact number is 4 ! Three rifles and a 44 mag revolver (she wanted my little 357 for her :violin: ). Sorry guys her only sister is already married and her husband has already had a motorcycle... And no, I won't tell you where we live :killingpc

Leadforbrains
09-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I got me a good one too. She works as a teller at a local Bank. Owner of a local tire shop comes in once a day everyday. She asked him for some wheel weights cuz her husband likes to make boolits out of them. He said sure have your husband drop by to pick them up. Got over 150 lbs of wheel weights for free, and a promise that he will start saving some for me on a regular basis. I Love my wife. She swears that I am insane, but she helps enable my insanity. Did I already mention that I love my wife?:veryconfu :cbpour:[smilie=w:

Quality NUt
09-24-2008, 12:28 AM
I've been married over 28 years to the same woman. (my how time flies) I put up with her nuances and she mine. Her biggest "concern" is my treasure trove of "raw materials". (she calls it junk)LOL LOLHarder.
I must say, our relationship has become stronger/better since I've been on the road. (millwright) Abscence makes the heart grow fond???
She doesn't cast or load, barely shoots, complains heavily if I buy another firearm; but she is dynomite in every room in the house, keeps me straight and maintains our finances.
Guess keeping her is my only option. After all, she has my crusty old heart.
QN

Newtire
09-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Just joking about the sister part. My missus reminds me if I haven't been to the range for awhile or if I need any components from the gun store. We all need someone like that!

jjamna
09-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Been Married 26 yrs. My wife has bought me a Marlin 30-30. Spiller & Burr 36 cal cap & ball pistol, a Browning BPS 10 guage, CVA 32 Squirrel Rifle kit (32 & 45 barrel) and last year a Marlin 1895 Cowboy 45-70. I think mine is a keeper also.

Boerrancher
09-24-2008, 07:00 AM
My wife took care of our children, the finances, and every little thing that I normally do for 18 months while I was in Afghanistan. Then she did the same thing for another 2 years while I was bounced around the country to various Army Hospitals, all with out a complaint, and always a smile on her face. Now that I am home, she does all she use to do, with the addition to taking care of me on my bad days that I can get up and get around. She doesn't complain when I buy components, or spend hours collecting lead and smelting it. With the ecco nuts pushing for a lead ban, she keeps pushing me for more. Got to love a woman who sees the way of the future and insists on having a stock pile.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

blackthorn
09-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Sorry fellas----you all may have great wives BUT I've got the best!!! Gail is my second try at getting it right and boy did I pick a winner!! We have been married 12 years today (together for 16) and not even a harsh word in all that time, in spite of some of the dumb things I sometimes do. She's a keeper for sure. Only thing is---I can't figger where the last 16 years went!!! May you all be as lucky as me.

crabo
09-24-2008, 05:09 PM
I can't let this thread pass. My wife says that my guns and guitars are my girl friends. They come and they go, but she stays.

She'll let me go to the deer stand, and then comes by later and does a drive for me. Then she'll hold the deer while I clean it, and help me drag it out.

She'll take a tire iron and bang the side of the old grainery so the pigeons will fly out so I can shoot them.

Here she is shooting my .44 mag.

What a woman!!!!!

LeadThrower
09-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Great thread!
I've found my keeper, and it's been 14 great years so far. She bought me an RWS model 54 airking for our first valentines day. This weekend she helped me haul a gun cabinet home and as we passed a sporting goods store said "didn't you want to go in there and pick up some military surplus rifle?" So I did.

How can you beat that?!?

LeadThrower

crowbeaner
09-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Mine's had me for 20 years; I bought her a new Remmy M700 in .222 for a wedding present. She lets me indulge in boolit casting and reloading just so she knows where I am when something gets added to the honey-do list. She even helps wrap the meat if I get a deer. She won't help skin it, but she does the wrapping as I cut it up. I have to do all this work while euphoric smells emanate from the oven as the stuffed backstrap cooks. To die for.

Thumbcocker
09-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Got to chime in here. Been with mine for 18 years. Her engagement present to me was a Bisley .44 7.5 inch. She let me clamp a Dillon on her breakfast bar before we were maried. She helps me drag deer and cut them up on the table. She bow hunts and gun hunts with me and we go after 'shrooms every April.

Here is a picture of her with a buck she got on land that has been in my family for over 150 years. I lucked out and married my best friend. She will do.

pumpguy
09-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Mine moved 200 miles away and took care of my daughter while she was going through treatment for cancer. She spent weeks at a time on a little bench in my daughters room or in a crappy little apartment we rented. I could go on, but, you get the point. She doesn't participate in my hobby, nor does she impede it. We have been married 16 years and together for 20. I'd say I am one lucky guy.

DLCTEX
09-25-2008, 05:06 AM
You guys are beginners. I have been married to my best freind for 42 years. She has been my fishing and camping buddy and has helped process and cook all manner of game me and our five sons have dragged home. She does not complain when we and my daughter-in-laws use the kitchen table to process deer (20+ last December). She enjoys shooting some, but leaves it mostly for the rest of us. DALE

chewie
09-28-2008, 12:44 AM
but she is lucky to have me?????

my wife (lady jade) got her first cowboy guns a pair of rugers as a mothers day present the day they had the first "mother march against guns" in wahington dc. a few years back it was sponsored by rosie o'donnell.

kind of cool.

chewie