PDA

View Full Version : Handle ID

Pressman
08-18-2018, 02:20 AM
I brought this home a couple of months ago along with a tool box full of Lyman moulds. I can ID everything but these handles. Should there be a wood grip on the open lever?

Ideas?

Ken

quack1
08-18-2018, 08:17 AM
They kind of look home made to me. Maybe for someone with really bad arthritis, missing fingers or something else wrong with their hands?

redhawk0
08-18-2018, 08:36 AM
I agree...it looks homemade. Maybe even modified for some automated process as evident with all those holes. Looks interesting for sure. It should be easy to put a wood handle on that metal post. I say use it.

redhawk

billyb
08-18-2018, 08:37 AM
Some one on here was making those some time back. When I saw those the first time the open handle was bare like pictured. Do not remember who was making them.

Bent Ramrod
08-18-2018, 08:40 AM
I think that is a CabineTree locking handle set. Somebody else makes them now; Texasmac has a review on the new ones under another thread. The locking handle was always bare as received from the manufacturer.

People who had trouble holding regular handles closed consistently tight reported significant reductions in boolit weight variation when they use the locking handles. I haven’t tried them myself because I don’t have trouble holding mould handles closed.

Maven
08-18-2018, 08:58 AM
"I think that is a Cabine Tree locking handle set." ...B R

I think so too.

country gent
08-18-2018, 01:57 PM
They are the original cabine tree locking handles. I have 2 sets of these I use regularly. Very good handles and the big plus is they close the moulds with the same pressure each time. The opening handle is bare originally, I made 1" dia wood handles for my sets as it allows me to flick them open easier with the hand holding them. And makes it easier to close them. I rest the blocks on a straight edge when closing to pre alighn them with these handles.

MT Chambers
08-18-2018, 02:13 PM
Those are locking handles and there has been discussion on them here on another post, I find them awkward, heavy, and unnecessary, and they aren't very old and still being made.

Pressman
08-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the information, now I can tag them for inventory.
They seem to work very well, though maybe a little slow.

Ken