PDA

View Full Version : Need a little Help finding an old friend

webfoot10
08-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Hello: Anybody here live in Colorado Springs Co? I need help finding an old
friend that lives there. I lost track of him 40 yrs ago, and his old phone # don't
work. I tracked him down thru his ham radio call number. I have his currant
address, but can't find a phone number. Tried calling information but they
won't give out the number. I need someone to go to the address and give
him my phone number. If you can help me, send me a PM and I can give
you contact information. Thanks
webfoot10

Ickisrulz
08-17-2018, 09:05 PM
Why not mail a letter? It will take 2-3 days to get there and cost less than a dollar.

webfoot10
08-17-2018, 09:43 PM
I've already sent him a letter. Been a week. Either he's sick or he might have
passed away. I figured that if I could get someone local to him to maybe knock
on his door, I could find out what happened to him. I don't think his wife or kids
even know my name. So may not answer the letter I sent. Just trying to reconnect
with an old school friend.
webfoot10

EDG
08-18-2018, 01:53 AM
Look up his name and location in find a grave. If he died there may be a memorial.

Czech_too
08-18-2018, 07:35 AM
Since you have is current address you might try using a reverse lookup in the phone book.
https://www.whitepages.com/
I sometime use this when getting a call from an unknown # just to see who it might be.
If he's deceased you could use the SSDN (Social Security Death Index) but I'm not sure just how often it's updated.

eric123
08-18-2018, 06:31 PM
www.zabasearch.com has worked for me in the past...

atlas366
08-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Hey webfoot. I have access to some solid subscription search tools as part of my profession. I can probably help you out, with either a phone number or confirmation of whether your friend is still living. Send me a PM if you'd like the help. Thanks.

woodbutcher
08-19-2018, 10:43 PM
:)Then too,you could always call the local PD and have them do a welfare check.
Had a friend do that when my phone went down and she could`nt get in touch with me for two days.Hope all is well with your friend.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

TXGunNut
08-19-2018, 11:08 PM
If all else fails a private investigator often has access to data not easily found on the web. In my experience their resources can be better than normal LE/government sources. Phone number search may be a dead end due to the growing number of folks without land line phones. Obits are good sources of data as well.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-19-2018, 11:14 PM
Back in the olden days, before the internet. I used the municipal library (I'd call the Librarian) of the town where I suspected the person was living, worked well if the person was a long time resident of that town.