PDA

View Full Version : Lee Shell Holders

swampchomper
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Howdy, folks-I just joined so this will be my 1st attempt at posting. I'm not a computer guy, so please bear w/ me.

I use the "old style" Lee priming tool-the one w/ the screw in shell holders. I picked up an assortment of the holders, but because I have an incomplete list of applications, I don't know what some of them fit. I'm wondering if somebody out there might be able to assist me. The ones in question are: I, Q, Y, Z & KK. If someone will let me know what these fit, I'd sure appreciate it. Perhaps one of you has a complete application chart that you can share w/ me. Since this old stuff is by Lee Custom, Lee Precision could not be of help to me. Thanks.

floodgate
09-22-2008, 06:54 PM
swampchomper:

Those five shellholders, plus four more - "GG"", "HH", "II" and "KK" - are "blanks" in any of the lists I have or have seen. I suspect that they were either special order items that didn't warrant regular production; or - more likely - sizes that were found to be reasonably well covered by others in the line. I have and regularly use one of those neat old Lee Custom Engineering hand priming tools, with a spare, just in case - but an occasional drop of BullPlate on the bearing points keeps the old one chugging along happliy. Being a "nut" for complete sets, I have most of the screw-in shell-holders; if any of those above turn up, I want to be the first to know about them! In fact, I am also looking for six others that ARE listed: "FF" (.41 Long Colt), "HH" (8mm Lebel), "JJ" (.303 Savage), "LL" (.401 WSL), "NN" (.224 Weatherby), and "OO" (.378. and .460 Weatherby).

Floodgate

ktw
09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Lee screw-in shellholder application table is here
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=376347&postcount=3

Floodgate: I have a "FF" I will set aside for you.

-ktw

floodgate
09-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Todd:

I'd love to get it; PM me with price and address - I'm out of trading stock at this point.

Doug

swampchomper
09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. And floodgate - I even have a "PP", which I believe is for those old Speer .38 Spl. plastic rounds. I wonder if they are still around? They were kinda neat - just insert a primer into the plastic case & plug in a plastic wadcutter type bullet - no powder. Good for aggravating a rat. Thanks again.

swampchomper

copdills
09-25-2008, 04:43 PM
welcome to the forum swampchomper

HORNET
09-25-2008, 07:47 PM
swampchomper,
You might want to check out the stickies on gluelits (hot glue boolits). Them NAGS are even worse than most of the rest of this crew. Welcome to the best website there is.

floodgate
09-25-2008, 09:25 PM
swampchomper:

That's right! "PP" is listed for the old Speer .38 plastic cases. I DO have one of those, but no cases.

Fg

Bret4207
09-26-2008, 06:43 AM
I think the Speer plastic rounds can still be found. I'm almost certain I saw them listed somewhere, Midway maybe. I shot thousands and thousands of those things.

Now getting the older "Bull-X Rubber Bullets" might be harder. Shot a lot of those too and still see them occasionally on dealers shelves.