PDA

View Full Version : Seniority

William Yanda
08-17-2018, 08:39 AM
Three years ago my ft playground installer job ended-elderly owner layed off most of the crew and all three sales people. At nearly 69, wanting to wait til 70 to enroll in SS, another job in the waning years of the Obama economy was difficult to find. After only a couple of months I was hired as the installer/technician for the lifeline enterprise of a rural hospital. The working area is 2 counties and the edges of a couple more in Western NY, on the PA border, and I drive their car, 20 hours-2 days/week.
The staff included the Director, who managed other areas as well, a Coordinator, who worked 39 hrs/week and myself. After only 3 months, the Coordinator resigned and was replaced by a gal who worked only 20 hrs/wk. She recently moved on and the new Coordinator is still finding her way in a new environment. More recently the Director has decided to resign to devote her energies to a family business. Again, her responsibilities are being divvied up among several other people and after less than three years I find myself the Senior member of the team. At 70, I think I can handle it.

Hickok
08-17-2018, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you found a golden opportunity! Great to hear!:-D

jsizemore
08-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Especially if you enjoy the work.