PDA

View Full Version : 20 gauge reoading

blachawk2
08-16-2018, 01:35 PM
I'm new to this forum.
I am shooting a savage 220 with Hornaday SST and had good results at 200yd. With the high price of slugs I am trying to load my own. Here is what I have so far:
CCS sabots .45 caliber
250 grain Hornaday XTP
Fiocchi 2 3/4 plastic shells
And several different powders STEEL,BLUE DOT,UNIQUE, LONGSHOT

Any suggestions on what powder to use for 1650-1800 fps loads.

Hogtamer
08-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Blackhawk, welcome to the insanity! A few comments: I'm not familiar with those sabots and have not seen them come up in discussion. I am familiar with the gun, have one that has seen nothing but reloads myself. I have never seen a home rolled slug load approach 200 yds in accuracy. Well a 12 ga that is no longer available. The best I have found are Fury Custom bullets plastic base slug 3/4 oz. and at 100 yds is tops with accuracy and killing power that I have found. Dennis Kautz, aka Uncle Dino is the owner and a great guy to talk to. Here's the link and good luck. http://www.furycustombullets.com/webapp/p/209/shotgun-slugs

bikerbeans
08-16-2018, 04:30 PM
CCS = collet cup sabot. The where made and sold by a gentleman from NJ who passed a few years ago. His wife was selling the sabots for awhile but not sure if they are still available. I have no personal experience loading or shooting the CCS.

BB

Blood Trail
08-19-2018, 08:49 PM
I would go with a faster burning powder first before those slow burners. Those CCS wads are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk