PDA

View Full Version : Odd brass

drinks
11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Anyone shooting hard to find calibers, just got a flyer from Graf and Son, that they have a new bunch of brass in.

Buckshot
12-03-2005, 11:23 PM
.........To add to Drink's post, don't know if it was the same flyer or not. One I got with an order lists brass from "Jamison International". My not be International, but it was Jamison something. I've never heard of the outfit myself so I can't relate anything about the brass quality or where it comes from. Maybe someone else knows more?

The interesting part was they list maybe a dozen less likely cartridges, such as 43 Spanish and 43 Mauser. Prices for those were maybe a bit less then what Graf charges for Bertram brass. What REALLY caught my eye was the 577-450 brass. They have it listed at $44 for 20! That is a steal and a half.

I paid $108/20 for my first cases from Huntington, then $88/20 dealer price from Graf & Son many years ago. That $44/20 is comparatively being given away:D If you have something in that caliber it would for sure be worth investigating.

.................Buckshop

StarMetal
12-04-2005, 12:58 AM
I'll bet the Jamison brass is in reference to Rick Jamison who writes for Shooting Times. I know for a fact he has other investments for sale. He probably concocted up this round and got it named after him.

Joe

Ross
12-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Apparently Jamison International is a spin off/successor to Bell, and is just getting going.
I emailed my local baitshop about the product, but have not gotten a response yet.
I suspect they've been suffering migraines over Bruce Bertram's quality control, and will be glad of another source of brass.
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross

Buckshot
12-05-2005, 03:48 AM
I'll bet the Jamison brass is in reference to Rick Jamison who writes for Shooting Times. I know for a fact he has other investments for sale. He probably concocted up this round and got it named after him.

Joe

What!? Rick Jamison concocted up what round? The 577-450? Nah I don't think Rick Jamison had anything to do with that one. If he did he's sure holding his age well :D

...............Buckshot