PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one

RED BEAR
08-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Am I the only person that actually counts once fired brass they buy? Purchased some 357 brass from centerfire brass and it came up short (only 12 rounds but short is short). Contacted them was told they were very sorry and that they would send the rest out on monday( almost 3 weeks ago). Last I heard from them. Giving the benefit of the doubt emailed again no answer tried one more time still no answer. Not just figure that they are ignoring me. Oh well not really going to make but so much fuss over 12 rounds but this will stick in my mind on future orders. Most people throw one or two extra in so this doesn't happen. Now the 12 rounds doesn't count the few that were bad because there are always a couple bad ones in every batch of the ones that are 38 spec instead of 357 because I can still use them. Am I just being to picky? Sometimes it's the little things that bother me the most.

Tatume
08-09-2018, 06:18 PM
They are probably selling by weight. But I agree with you, they should pad the weight a little to make certain each customer gets what is due.

Hick
08-09-2018, 06:34 PM
You're not the only one who counts-- I always do. I bought a brand new bag of 357 Winchester bag in the sealed container. Was supposed to be 100 cases but it was only 99. Being one case short is a pain when you load in batches of 50 and try to keep track of how many times you have reloaded each set.

mozeppa
08-09-2018, 07:29 PM
this is why i buy starline brass.

never a bad one and usually if i buy 1000 of any caliber ...i usually get 2 or 3 extras!

kudos to starline

RED BEAR
08-09-2018, 08:07 PM
Yes it is a pain i do load in batches of 50. The first email was so curtious that I figured I just found a new brass source but then not to follow through and then just ignore me had me rethinking.

glockfan
08-09-2018, 08:17 PM
even if they count by the weight, the count should be there.it'is not rocket science. lets say 10 pounds of 147grs= 1000bullets. well.... 1000units should be in the box,and some more to compensate the duds.certainly not less. and yes i count. either new cases or bullets,doesn't matter.the right count should be there.

Geezer in NH
08-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Why most include over the count. Bad rep for 12 9mm case's??

lightman
08-09-2018, 09:17 PM
I count. The reason is that I load in batches of 100 or 1000. Like the amounts of brass and bullets in a box.

swamp
08-09-2018, 10:24 PM
It is not the amount that is short. I believe that you should get what you pay for. Simple as that.
swamp

David2011
08-12-2018, 01:10 AM
I would also consider if you bought 100 or 1000 pieces. Twelve pieces short is a huge percentage on a 100 piece purchase but an understandable error on 1000 or more pieces.

smokeywolf
08-12-2018, 03:18 AM
HMM, petty larceny.
I have to wonder how loud they'd squeal if they sent you your order then you sent them 90% of the agreed upon price.

Stephen Cohen
08-12-2018, 04:06 AM
I always count and when I purchased 500 357 max brass I got 20 extra, Thanks Remington. Regards Stephen

mold maker
08-12-2018, 08:19 AM
Shipping a doz short on a 100 pc order makes for a darn good profit, and his inventory will have another reason to outlast the business.

jsizemore
08-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Saying something to them didn't get their attention. Probably not buying another thing from them won't work either. Spreading the word to your friends, and hopefully they pass it on to their friends, will get into the scums reputation and business. Are you willing to look out for your friends?

RED BEAR
08-12-2018, 01:16 PM
I must say the day after I posted this centerfire brass contacted me and was very apologetic. And has sent the rest of the order with tracking. Now did it slip through the cracks or was it the post? I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it slipped through the cracks as I have never dealt with him. But at least he is making it right.

jsizemore
08-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Nobody's perfect. It speaks volumes that he does what's necessary to make things right. Thanks for keeping us up on what's goin' on.

bob208
08-12-2018, 01:54 PM
back when I reloaded for other people I would buy once fired brass from midway always got a over count by 3 or more. also other places worst I ever got was dead on.

Ford SD
08-12-2018, 02:13 PM
I count brass as well. new. used once fired...

I bought 1000..once fired 223 brass from a brass from dealer ..

sorted it by head stamp .. 50 at a time using 45acp plastic box insert

started tossing split neck brass in a bucket 1-2-3 or more per 50.. just one brand

sent a email to where i bought it from they said they would send me replacement ... and they made it good..

so you know my trick to count 45acp plastic box insert and to check head stamp

fiberoptik
08-13-2018, 01:18 AM
I count everything! Even my meds usually get counted. I get irritated over this sort of thing. I had a PO box in El Paso, Tx for 12 years. I always addressed the same. #1234 —address. My post office returned it once as “undeliverable as addressed “ . I went in, told the guy I had written every time the exact same way & they arrived just fine for 12 years. He wanted another stamp to send it. I refused on the principle of the thing. I put on postage, you send it. Now I have a huge line behind me. People started tossing coins on the desk to cover postage. No way was I paying twice for mailing once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeywolf
08-13-2018, 06:11 AM
I must say the day after I posted this centerfire brass contacted me and was very apologetic. And has sent the rest of the order with tracking. Now did it slip through the cracks or was it the post? I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it slipped through the cracks as I have never dealt with him. But at least he is making it right.

They screwed up, you had to spend your time contacting them about it. They ignored you. They used that "benefit" of the doubt early on. If they don't send 10 extra to make up for your time and inconvenience, I'd be done with them.

Last time I picked up food-to-go they got the order wrong. I called them up, they said they'd be happy to correct it, but they wanted me to take my time and drive my car down to their restaurant to correct their mistake. I said, between my time and the gas and wear and tear on my vehicle, you're going to owe me $10.00. They said, oh, we can't do that. I said, "so you're screwing me out of $10.00 and refusing to make good on it. I'm going to spread that around to everybody who will listen."

I have a BIG problem with people who are unwilling to pay for their mistakes.

Land Owner
08-13-2018, 09:36 AM
smokeywolf, try that logic the next time your Doctor makes you wait two hours for your scheduled appointment! You SHOULD be able to back charge HIM for the wasted time. However, when he has your insides on his table, and you are hoping for a favorable outcome, he just might remember you.

From my perspective as an intermittent seller of brass and bullets, it costs little to nothing to include as much as 2% to 3% OVERAGE on orders less than 500 pieces. As order size increases above 500, overage from 1% to 2% is smart. If you are shorted, an HONEST SELLER must do what is necessary to make it right with his purchaser. Miscounting can happen. Sending the WRONG head stamped cases does happen. Being in a hurry to ship will create mistakes. ALL MISTAKES must be immediately corrected. Word of mouth travels FAST and FAR.

And then there are always one or two fellas out of many. They just won't please. Ship them an order and get complaints about extraction dents on 223 cases (duh!), or case mouths dented in shipping (duh too!), or few and far between a lube groove or base edge complaint (I have always tried to ship "rattle free"), or opine that you did not ship "once fired" to which I always reply they have been fired AT LEAST once. I give these fellas ONE chance for satisfaction, negotiating what they consider to satisfy their concerns.

After $100.00 received, I shipped two equivalent Small Flat Rate Boxes through the US Post Office. Their automated equipment "ate" one of my two boxes and spilled nearly 500 pieces of 30-06 jacketed bullets into their machine and onto their floor. I received the $50.00 insurance from the PO due in part to the Seller's photographs of both box conditions, letter of "apology" from the PO, and pics of the few remaining pieces out of the damaged box that he received, so I sent him 100% of his $50.00 purchase money back whereas I received NOTHING from the USPO by way of my merchandise. So I got screwed on his behalf, but made him happy with the transaction. It didn't put me out too badly either.

I hope the PO crew wasn't too put out getting those bullets out of their machine and off of the floor. I double box and double tape now if the weight is great or the cases will stack nicely. Time is what I have. Stacking cases ain't no great shakes and just "looks nice" when the box is opened.

smokeywolf
08-13-2018, 11:35 AM
Land Owner, I've been as much as 10 minutes late to a doctor's visit. I'll give the doctor 1 hour combined (waiting room and exam room). I've walked out twice.

RED BEAR
08-13-2018, 11:56 AM
I will say that centerfire brass more than made it good received box in mail today it was full . I didn't expect to get a full box of brass but that's what I got. I will continue to do business with them. Like I said I understand that things can get lost in cracks. And I feel they did all they could to make up for it.

smokeywolf
08-13-2018, 12:00 PM
I will say that centerfire brass more than made it good received box in mail today it was full . I didn't expect to get a full box of brass but that's what I got. I will continue to do business with them. Like I said I understand that things can get lost in cracks. And I feel they did all they could to make up for it.

That's great. Given that they've more than made up for the time and trouble they caused you, I'm going to have to keep them in mind for my needs.