PDA

View Full Version : What for supper this Sunday?

buckwheatpaul
08-05-2018, 12:40 PM
For my recovering wife, knee surgery, I am making her:

Smoked BBQ chicken quarters
Baked beans
Cornbread....

Feel free to chime in!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

KenH
08-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Hopefully your wife is recovering nicely and the new knee will do GREAT for her. Get her back to doing her job, washing, cleaning, cooking, etc...... Yea, my wife doesn't read this forum.

What's for supper? I just came from Walmart and saw they had beef tongue and I'm really thinking about going back and getting one for supper. Wife is out of town so I won't have to deal with her on "good food". A couple months ago I cooked some poke salad and you would have thought I was eating something weird to hear her. Said she'd never really heard of anybody actually "eating" poke salad.

Poke salad and pork brains scrambled with with eggs for breakfast - now that was a real treat at hog killing time when I was growing up.

pertnear
08-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Left overs. On Sundays we take a break & clean out the fridge.

RU shooter
08-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Sounds like my menu for today . Smoked chicken thighs corn bread and baked beans ! Been waiting for this since I got the thighs outa the freezer on Friday night .......

lightman
08-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Sunday night is usually steak night at our house. I'll fire up the grill and enjoy a beer while its getting hot.

Tatume
08-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Tomatoes and cucumbers with some sort of meat, maybe a piece of venison.

Pressman
08-05-2018, 02:35 PM
I don't know. We are part of a good group of people camping in Lebanon Missouri. Dinner/supper is at 2pm and another couple is cooking. All I know is it will be good.
Ken

ShooterAZ
08-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Wife is making shrimp gumbo in the instapot...yum

WILCO
08-05-2018, 04:26 PM
No idea what's for dinner. Hopefully, there'll be some ice cream.................

skeettx
08-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Shrimp Po-Boy, YUM!!

fecmech
08-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Tonight is cherry tomato/basil pasta. We wait all year for the Sweet 100 cherry tomato's to come in. Also great on salads!

375supermag
08-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Hi...
Wife is grilling shrimp kabobs for dinner.
Works for me...

Love Life
08-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Quarter pounder with cheese, large fry, and a large sweet tea.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Yesterday, I found some wild mushrooms (Chicken of the woods and Dryad's Saddle),
Today I picked a couple dozen Okra and some yellow summer squash and some tomatoes this afternoon.

So it's gonna be a stir fry, add some chicken meat ...and the tomatoes on the side. YUM.

Walks
08-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Bacon/Sharp Cheddar Burgers on the small charcoal grill. Steak fries in the cast iron skillet, fried in bacon grease. I peel & cut up the potatoes, My WIFE fries them up. And if I'm lucky there are still Fudgcycles in the garage freezer for desert.

Wayne Smith
08-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Just had pork chops in a orange whiskey sauce with mulling spices added, quoina, and three bean salad. LOML did this, I smoked a lemon/rosemary chicken yesterday.

Texas by God
08-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Sunday night was always Mama's off time growing up and I've convinced my wife to keep the tradition alive. We usually eat a big enugh lunch on the Lord's Day to hold us over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bookworm
08-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Grilled chicken, grilled seasoned yellow squash/zucchini, baked taters.

Chocolate pie for after....

Man, I love Sunday Dinner.

JBinMN
08-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Like others...

Grilled yardbird,
brushed with Louisiana hot sauce & butter to start, sprinkled with home made spice mix, then finished with with 2 styles BBQ sauce( Wee Willys white & some Honey/Brn. Sugar "Tomato based"), with 2 pieces of fresh buttered & salted corn on the cob, and a piece of butter bread( real butter) on the side to mop.

Mmmmm Good!
:)

Hickory
08-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Taco salad and salsa almost all from the garden.

Jake McCracken
08-05-2018, 07:52 PM
After working on replacing my wifes exhaust and my sons truck radiator, my wife is making me steak, buttered potatoes and cauliflower!

Wish your wife a speedy recovery from an exhausted US Navy Vet who's been in her position a couple times (due to Navy injuries). Tell her I said physical therapy is the key to making surgery worth while. Dont give up no matter how bad it seems. It can only get better!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Geezer in NH
08-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Turkey and ham club sammiches

Tom W.
08-05-2018, 09:50 PM
I grilled some hamburgers and prepared some cauliflower, brussel sprouts and broccoli for Lori to roast, while she sauteed some mushrooms and onions....and it was gooooood!

Big Tom
08-05-2018, 11:00 PM
We got a big mixed salad, fresh bread, a 16oz ribeye for me, chicken for the wife and then some "Greaters" ice cream (specialty, very yummy ice cream shop in the Cincinnati area). If I can still move after that, I will grab a beer and play a bit with the ham radio...

Tom W.
08-05-2018, 11:24 PM
I have been diagnosed as lactose intolerant now, so I gotta be careful what I eat. Breyers makes some lactose free ice cream....

RED BEAR
08-06-2018, 08:09 AM
Good on you you have to take care of the ones that take care of us. By the way I really like me some cornbread just saying. Hope your wife does well and God bless.

Tatume
08-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Last night, bluefish. Tonight, Spanish mackerel. Tomorrow night (Sunday), Spanish mackerel again. Tuesday, fishing for Spanish mackerel and bluefish again.

375supermag
08-11-2018, 07:25 PM
Hi...
Grilled bratwurst and a veggie plate.
Watching 12 Strong while we are eating.

Tatume
08-11-2018, 08:06 PM
I'm eating from the garden too. Tonight I had tomatoes and peppers. Of the several varieties of peppers, my favorite salad peppers are Mariachi. But I had a variety, including jalapenos, bells, and a mild hot pepper sold by Ferry Morse seed company as pimiento (Spanish for pepper). I love eating in the summer!

winelover
08-12-2018, 06:54 AM
Last of the venison back straps (whole) marinated and cooked on the grill till it's "medium". Baked potatoes, steamed asparagus spears and a "loaded" cauliflower dish. And of course a bottle of a nice California Red Zinfandel.

Wineover

mold maker
08-12-2018, 07:48 AM
I haven't had lunch yet, so I don't know what the leftovers will be.

buckwheatpaul
08-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Today we are having beef stew, out of venison, and cornbread.......

Tom W.
08-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Lori & I made some soup w/ fresh carrots, kale (yuck) mushrooms, a Vidalia onion and some browned hamburger w/ some fresh garlic cloves added. There might be something else in it that I didn't see her put in. Now the whole house smells of garlic...

OldBearHair
08-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Seems everyone is eating very well. Today after Church was Chinese Buffet, so light supper withe French toast. All those mentions of eating from the garden sure sound good.

Minerat
08-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Green salid, lasagna, & garlic bread.

Maybe Blue Bunny vanilla ice cream with crumbled gram crackers and a little malt.

hc18flyer
08-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Big juicy hamburger steak, hash browns with onions, an corn-on-the-cob! Don't get no better!

David LaPell
08-12-2018, 09:12 PM
My homemade crayfish bisque.

rancher1913
08-12-2018, 10:13 PM
sweet corn is just now getting ripe, so its all you can eat sweet corn for the next few weeks.

375supermag
08-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Hi...
Broiled salmon, garden salad, baked potatoes and mixed steamed vegetables.
Made for a nice Sunday dinner.

hwilliam01
08-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Hopefully your wife is recovering nicely and the new knee will do GREAT for her. Get her back to doing her job, washing, cleaning, cooking, etc...... Yea, my wife doesn't read this forum.

What's for supper? I just came from Walmart and saw they had beef tongue and I'm really thinking about going back and getting one for supper. Wife is out of town so I won't have to deal with her on "good food". A couple months ago I cooked some poke salad and you would have thought I was eating something weird to hear her. Said she'd never really heard of anybody actually "eating" poke salad.

Poke salad and pork brains scrambled with with eggs for breakfast - now that was a real treat at hog killing time when I was growing up.

I brought home some tongue to cook and the wife said … "NO!" She was not going to eat that. I asked why and she said "I don't want to French kiss a cow...I don't like tasting something that can taste me back" So I asked her if I could cook her something else. She said "I'll have some toast and fry me up a couple of eggs instead". I laughed my butt off...she won't eat tongue because it come out of a cows mouth, but she'll eat something that came from a chicken's ***.

Tom W.
08-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Lori and I ate lunch at a wings restaurant. I had a chef's salad. I was a bit leery due to past experiences since my colon surgery. It tasted great, but I was correct, I gotta limit my veggie intake by a whole heap....

Rick459
08-13-2018, 12:11 AM
menu for today is smoked pork butt, smoked whole chicken, couple of smoked burgers, and some smoked mushrooms and of course rice and a salad.
yummy.....
Rick