PDA

View Full Version : Lee 358-158-RF in 9mm?

Jayhawkhuntclub
08-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Anybody try this? I worked up some dummy rounds and they cycle fine by hand. Don't have them with me at the moment to tell you what OAL is. Anyhow, any suggestions on loads?

Thanks!

John McCorkle
08-02-2018, 10:48 AM
Yes, works well in s&w shield and Glock 17...load them out as long as you can and still pass plunk test. Shot a bazillion of them...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

mattw
08-02-2018, 10:54 AM
They work very well. I like them in the hi power and witness steel frame. The RIA tcm/9mm does not like them, feed ramp issues with that large bullet. Do size them correctly or you may run into pressure issues. I do not know that I would shoot them in some of the modern plastic guns that are compact.

marek313
08-08-2018, 04:50 PM
I got that to works with my Sig P320 but It wont work with most guns as you need large chamber with long freebore to chamber that round correctly. On one side you are decreasing case volume by seating that bullet deep and on the other hand you have to watch to make sure you round is not cutting into rifling. It worked OK with 3gr of HP38 and it was fun to shoot subsonic 9s but they werent very accurate. I didnt spend much time trying to adjust powder as I lost interest and moved to other projects. So its doable but make sure you have a gun that will chamber those rounds and be careful with powder loads since your spiking pressure by descreasing case volume. I started with 2.5gr and then shot 3gr with no pressure signs. I had a post on this somewhere on this board.