PDA

View Full Version : Lite primer hits in 95 mauser

nekshot
08-02-2018, 07:53 AM
I changed a 95 mauser to cock on opening and now I am getting lite primer hits. My meds sometimes keep me from seeing the obvious! Any one encounter this and what was the fix. I want to protect hardened surfaces. Thanks for input

Rojelio
08-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Is the cocking notch in the bolt deep enough to not hinder firing pin travel. Other than that, does the bolt close all the way into battery.

flounderman
08-02-2018, 01:52 PM
you shortened the firingpin travel so you need to beef the spring up. Either a Wolff spring or compress the spring and slip a collar around the firing pin to keep the spring compressed. You have probably lost a half an inch of firing pin travel.

nekshot
08-03-2018, 06:34 AM
you shortened the firingpin travel so you need to beef the spring up. Either a Wolff spring or compress the spring and slip a collar around the firing pin to keep the spring compressed. You have probably lost a half an inch of firing pin travel.

I was thinking all along I should replace the FP spring. This is for me a wildcat and I realised I was pushing the shoulder back a wee fruther on this batch and causing it hit lite. This is my fireforming stage I am having this issue.I did deepen the knotch in bolt for extra movement and believe I have it figured out and thanks to all input.