PDA

View Full Version : Needed : Recipe's for tag soup

The Nyack Kid
11-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Ive got Montana elk and bear tags
my dad has elk bear and dear
one of my brothers has elk and deer
and my other brother has deer
we want some tag soup recipe's that DONT taste like crow.
most comments welcome, please no sheep or cats please

versifier
11-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Dice finely said tags
And with memories of flags
Bounding away through the trees

Place them all in a pot
When the water is hot
And boil them as long as you please

While you are waiting
Spend the minutes relating
The wonders you've seen here and there

When the soup comes to boil
Put some beef on to broil
And mind you don't cook it past rare

Then crack open a beer
As the talk turns to deer
And don't let your dinner get cold

Next year's hunt plan with care
If for elk, deer, or bear
To remember when you are too old

And that nasty tag soup
Pitch off the back stoop
For your luck will be better next year.

TJD, Conway, NH 11/29/05

grumble
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
That's pretty good, Veersifier! Looks like we may have some talent here besides waksupi!

The Nyack Kid
11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
:holysheep
won't you knowit versifier a prety pretty good poet.

waksupi
11-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Nyack, just tack them up on the outhouse walls. It cuts the wind coming through the cracks, this time of year.

The Nyack Kid
11-30-2005, 11:52 AM
waksupi that is a good idea i will stick them next to the sportsmans guide catalogs

Beerd
11-30-2005, 04:32 PM
I was crying over my pile of unused tags last night when I read the fine print on a whitetail B tag. She's good for two more week ends! Yee Haw!!

kenjuudo
11-30-2005, 08:40 PM
If I had an unused tag I would post it in a prominant place at work as a reminder to get my priorities in order.

jim

The Nyack Kid
12-01-2005, 12:39 AM
My heart is in the right place . ive sent every weekend (and about everyday that i had off ) since septemer 15th trying to fill those tags. it must be my luck .

9.3X62AL
12-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Versifier--

Marie The English Teacher--who is burdened also with being married to me--called your poetry "very well constructed verse", and we both enjoyed it immensely.

I once told our local game warden that I would staple my unfilled deer tags to the tire sidewalls of his patrol truck if his agency didn't do a better job of herd management. He agreed, asking that I tack his up at the same time. The enforcement folks at Cal-DFG are some great people, but some of the resource personnel are real moonbeams.

Johnch
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Take 2 double handfulls of Humble pie mix
Add some I should have shot sauce ( to taste)
Add 1 skunked ( cleaned )
then add you Crow and tags
Stir the pot
And drink lots of your favorit Scotch or Wiskey

Enjoy

Johnch

fatnhappy
12-05-2005, 01:20 PM
If I had an unused tag
jim

Life must be good for you Jim. I still have 3 unused doe tags.

kenjuudo
12-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Life must be good for you Jim. I still have 3 unused doe tags.

Dean, I bit the big one a few years back and bought a lifetime license, just fill out a piece of paper and check the critter in. I see the state stopped selling the lifetime licenses last year, when they raised the price of a deer tag.

They ain't big, but no shortage of deer around here, alot of counties have four bonus deer, some have an additional four deer reduction option. And like you I have the luck of being able to schedual work around the season.

jim

fatnhappy
12-05-2005, 11:42 PM
And like you I have the luck of being able to schedual work around the season.

jim

Speaking of which, I just found out my company changed it's vacation (PTO) policy. Next year after banking holidays (they all fall on weekdays) I'll wind up with 152 hours of PTO. Only using 36 hours of PTO for a 40 hour paycheck and comp time..............

I'll be able to take 5 weeks of vacation next year. :-P
The timing couldn't be better, I've been invited to go black bear hunting in Sitka, Alaska next year. I'm thinking .35 whelen. :grin:

Been a slow season for me. I've only seen 6 deer the whole gun season. 2 are in the freezer.