PDA

View Full Version : Bad news....

Tom W.
07-31-2018, 01:43 PM
The Dr. office called and said they found more blood in my stool.....I know what that means. I'm not frightened, just a bit depressed. And I won't be buying any green bananas..

jdfoxinc
07-31-2018, 01:46 PM
Periscope up the wazoo to remove polyps. I havd refused the periscope 5 years running because the bowel prep is so miserable. Had 5 too many in my life time.

Boaz
07-31-2018, 03:23 PM
Already sending prayer Tom . Please keep us updated brother .

Smoke4320
07-31-2018, 03:27 PM
prayers sent for you

Der Gebirgsjager
07-31-2018, 03:28 PM
I will also pray for you.

slim1836
07-31-2018, 03:35 PM
Praying for you from my part of the world, stay strong.

Slim

Wayne Smith
07-31-2018, 04:25 PM
Any number of reasons - don't *** - u -me until you have confirmed your fears.

Goatwhiskers
07-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Praying for you, Tom. Give the whole situation up to God, not always easy to do, but He will take care of everything and ease your mind too. GW

jmort
07-31-2018, 05:10 PM
Wayne is that a typo???

DerekP Houston
07-31-2018, 05:12 PM
Wayne is that a typo???

looks to me like he's saying, don't assume its bad news until its confirmed. Best of luck to you sir.

koehn,jim
07-31-2018, 05:18 PM
prayer sent.

jmort
07-31-2018, 05:32 PM
looks to me like he's saying, don't assume its bad news until its confirmed. Best of luck to you sir.

Good, that makes sense

Tom W.
07-31-2018, 06:21 PM
Well, the last time I had blood work the number that they use to judge the cancer was below 5, so that was a good thing. I'm believing it's from internal hemorrhoids that I've had for years. I know that the doctors at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Newnan, Georgia said that after my last round of chemo that was all that they could do. I feel ok, maybe a bit lethargic from getting old, but overall not too bad. I really don't want another colonoscopy......I'll have to discuss this with Lori and see how she feels. It's really not a good time as she started back to school this week, and will get her students tomorrow.

But by all means, pray. I covet your prayers an concern!

Boaz
07-31-2018, 08:09 PM
I remember your past trouble and this news is troubling but wait for the report ...I'm praying for you .

osteodoc08
07-31-2018, 08:20 PM
Praying for you. Tons of reasons for blood that are not the big C. We create what we fear my friend.

sigep1764
07-31-2018, 08:30 PM
Wishing you luck, buddy. If they can remove any pollops, its not so bad. My father is going through something similar and he honestly feels better than he has in 2 years. Stay positive, good things will happen.

Pumpkin
07-31-2018, 08:47 PM
May God in his infinite wisdom bring comfort and healing to you, Tom. You are on our prayer list. God bless.

Blackwater
07-31-2018, 09:00 PM
That was very good advice to not ASSUME it's cancer. There are a number of things that can cause blood in the stool. And if you won't submit to the scope, nobody can help you. Be a man. Now that they put you to sleep to do the operation, it's really not that big a deal. Will be praying for you that it's a false alarm. Keep a stiff upper lip, brother!

rdwarrior
07-31-2018, 09:58 PM
Even if you have polyps - that does not mean cancer or anything else. I carry a gene that causes polyps and cancer (doctor calls me a polyp factory) - It has hit every generation in my family going back 5 generations in the past and has effected my nieces/nephews. You can survive it. I have lost my entire colon due to polyps, but I am still alive and doing well. You need to get the colonoscopy to determine the cause of the blood in the stool. It may very well be internal hemorrhoids or it may be polyps. Colon cancer - if that is what it is - is a slow grower - I know as I still form polyps and have had displasia in my polyps more times than I can count on both hands - but we get rid of the bad polyps routinely - every 6-12 months - and t has never progressed to cancer yet. I had my first major surgery to remove a portion of my colon at age 26. Removed the remaining portion of my colon at age 40, and here I am at age 66. I have had colonoscopies or flex sigs as frequently as every 3 months for 5 years and now have them every 6-12 months. I also have to have an upper gi (ERCD) every 4 months due to polyps in my lower stomach. It is a game changer but not a game ender. Prayers to you and hope you follow through with the colonoscopy with good news forthcoming after that.
Ron

buckwheatpaul
07-31-2018, 10:02 PM
Father please be with Tom as he picks his route. Please guide him with a clear mind and take the fear away so that he can know the path he needs to follow. Father, I know You know what will happen, but please walk with Tom and wrap Your loving arms around Tom, his family, and their friends. AMEN

Bzcraig
07-31-2018, 11:01 PM
Father please be with Tom as he picks his route. Please guide him with a clear mind and take the fear away so that he can know the path he needs to follow. Father, I know You know what will happen, but please walk with Tom and wrap Your loving arms around Tom, his family, and their friends. AMEN

Amen.

Tom W.
08-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Most of you remember that I've had two surgeries for colon cancer...so I've got a bit less than half of my colon. The great news is I'll never
have appendicitis.....and I feel pretty darn good!

WRideout
08-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Praying for you.

Wayne

USMC87
08-01-2018, 08:07 AM
We have you on our prayer list, God is faithful in all things.

Pine Baron
08-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Tom, I'll be praying for you. I'm in the same boat, and the prep is the worse part. Let's get this over with already.

OldBearHair
08-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Last time I had the prep, it was like a fair wind that blows. I have had Cancer of the bladder. We fought it for five years before it began to spread all over the inside of the bladder. Had surgery, removed bladder and prostate. That is the customary way they do it. Over two years ago and my health is good. I live with a urostomy, three inches to the right of the naval. I can sit in my hunting blind/tree stand all day and never have to go urinate or sleep all night without getting up as long as I maintain the little 3/4 gallon jug. Should the cancer in the bladder not be discovered until it gets out of the bladder into the Lymph glands, it then will spread rapidly. Then comes the Chemo plus other stuff.. Saying all this as a sort of warning to all to have a Urologist doctor take a look to make sure you are OK. Especially so if you should be an old ex-smoker or tobacco chewer. We will pray for Tom W believing in the power of God that heals in Jesus Name..........................

castalott
08-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Sincere Prayers for Hope, Healing, Health, Faith, and Mercy.. Amen

big bore 99
08-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Prayers sent.

lightman
08-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Will be Praying for you. Please keep us informed.

For you guys dreading the colonoscopy, go get it done. Mom had colon cancer when I was in high school and that put me in line to start having them early in life. I schedule mine early in the day, start the prep in the afternoon, get finished by bed time, and I sleep through the worst time when you would be hungry.

Tom W.
08-01-2018, 08:09 PM
I went to the urologist and filled out 8 pages of forms. The Dr. is a pretty good fellow, He likes to hunt, mostly quail and turkey. He also liked my CZ I showed him a picture of... Then I had to do the "drop 'em and cough" a few times and got the obligatory feel of my prostate. He said it was swollen. I told him it's been that way for 20 years or so.... They then drew some blood and charged me $85 which I didn't bother to take with me... So I'll get the bill sooner or later.
BTW, He said he had a Glock and was so bad of a shot with it he probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. I told him that I had three that I finally traded or sold, as all my shots were low and left after I had my chemo and the neuropathy set in.....

sparkyv
08-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Prayers sent.

Tom W.
08-02-2018, 01:52 PM
And they worked. The Urologist said my PSA was low and no sign of prostate or bladder cancer... Still have to have that colonoscopy though...

Pine Baron
08-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Good news Tom. Praise God. Now I'm inspired, got to schedule mine.

buckwheatpaul
08-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Tom just do it....I have had the old prep and the new prep....been having that test every 5 years since 40 due to being a big deal in my family....the new prep isnt bad just get scheduled for early so you wont starve to death....Im here for you brother...Paul

08-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Best of luck. I'm stuck with having work done on the other side. Three cancer surgeries through Mr.Happy and, currently, treatment every week. The "golden years" are getting tougher & tougher.

Tom W.
08-02-2018, 04:46 PM
The new prep isn't as bad as the "golitely". I ain't too worried about starving, as I don't eat nearly as much as I used to.

Gray Fox
08-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Three months ago I spent several days in the hospital after having passed over 8 units of blood via my bowels--straight fresh or black coagulated blood! I had both an upper endoscope and a colon scan plus a CAT scan and they found only one non-cancerous polyp. Conclusion was I was taking too much ibuprofen for chronic low back pains resulting from a 1970 shrapnel wound in Nam. I had quit taking Tylenol several years ago for fear of liver problems. I have quit using any over the counter meds and am taking turmeric capsules based on the recommendation of a young male nurse in that hospital who suffers from congenital arthritis. It works, too and I have passed no more blood! I hope your situation is as simple as mine was. GF

toallmy
08-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Good to hear ,and praying the news stays good .

lightman
08-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Thats Great news! Thanks for keeping in touch. Sharing info like this can be tough for guys!

RED BEAR
08-02-2018, 09:38 PM
I had so much blood in my stool it was like pouring blood out of a jar several cameras up the old wacko and down the throat ( not the same camera ) and there big discovery was they don't know where it is coming from. Then it just stopped i guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. Don't have much faith in doctors after my regular doctor retired went to him for almost 40 years. The practice forced him out because he wasn't seeing enough patients.

smoked turkey
08-03-2018, 06:55 AM
Tom great news on the PSA and no bladder cancer either. Prayers work. I hope you will follow up with a colonoscopy soon. I got up at 3:30am today so that I could finish my prep work before my colonoscopy which is scheduled for three hours from now. I am done with all that go lightly stuff and have been fasting for the past 32 hours or so per the instructions. It is not a walk in the park by any means, but not so bad when you consider the consequences if cancer sneaks up on you. Due to cancer, my prostate was removed a little over two years ago. I firmly believe that early detection is key to minimizing the effects of cancer. Mine was contained and removal of the prostate took care of it. I know that divine healing is what has helped me with my issues. God works through miraculous ways sometimes and through the medical profession other times, or a combination of both. We will keep praying for each other and we will make it.

Tom W.
08-06-2018, 03:35 PM
I went to the hospital for a check to see if the cancer had spread, as my right breast area has been hurting for about two months, with no apparent reason. They first put me on the infamous booby smashing machine to take x-rays, then sent me to another room for an ultrasound. The good news here is no cancer spread. Wednesday I go to another hospital for another ultrasound of my abdomen to check on my liver.... I told the doctor it was due to my epilepsy meds, and had been enlarged for some 20 years or so....even so, I suppose he wants to see for himself......

douglasskid
08-06-2018, 04:15 PM
Tom: Stay strong, we are praying for you.

Boaz
08-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Still praying Tom , be well sir !

buckwheatpaul
08-07-2018, 08:17 PM
Tom, You keep walking that line, with God beside you; and we will keep the prayers flying!

Tom W.
08-09-2018, 06:05 PM
I saw my new cardiologist this afternoon and she said I look just fine. I have A-fib, and that ain't going away, but beyond that I look just fine. I think the doctors are just trying to milk the medicare.....

Boaz
08-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Good news Tom ! Thank you for that reassuring report ! I have A fib myself and you are correct on the Medicare theory ! We are cash cows that sit in waiting rooms to make doctors money . I'm glad that you are 'basically' ok .

buckwheatpaul
08-09-2018, 07:13 PM
Tom, Great report.....hope things keep improving.....Paul

Blackwater
08-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Outstanding report, Tom! Does the Lord love us, and keep us humble, or what?

OldBearHair
08-10-2018, 04:18 PM
One more very important thing, guys, and that is be sure that the Urologist uses the little camera and looks inside the bladder. My PSA was never above point one. My Dr said he checked just to be sure. Sure enough there it was, a little 5/32 disc protruding on a stem with roots that looked abraded. Scraped it out and gave me the "live virus" to eat out the first layer of the bladder.. Worked for five years,then removed the bladder and threw it in the trash. No more cancer. Your modesty gets left behind after a few times the girls prep you for treatment.