PDA

View Full Version : computer trouble

357tex
11-29-2005, 12:58 PM
My computer has gone dim this morning.I have got it as bright as it will go,it is still dim .The reds are black.Is my monitor going south?It happend as I was running spybot s&d did that do something to it? I know zip about this machine.I have shut down restarted run spybot s&d again.What is my problem,besides being dummer than dirt about computers? :redneck:

SharpsShooter
11-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a monitor going south. Try unpluging the monitor for a while and rarely they will reset. If that fails, replace your monitor and you'll be back in action.

versifier
11-29-2005, 03:05 PM
We have been talking over various design ideas to modify our skeet launcher to handle towers, monitors, and laptops. No luck yet, except for the laptops, but even with them we can't get enough loft and distance. Possibly heavier springs will do the trick. :twisted:

357tex
11-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Thankyou SharpsShooter
Thats what I thought.Will have to get a new one it's to hard to play solitiaire with all black cards,have to think to much.

357tex
11-29-2005, 06:12 PM
versifer
No sport in shooting at such a big flying target,be like shooting buzzards.And make to big of a mess anyway.
You sure live in a nice part of the country N.H. It is the only state that I was ever tempted to live in besides the great state of TEXAS.I was stationed at fort Devins mass. back in the mid 70s spent a lot of time in N.H.pretty country great people good laws.BUT it is not TEXAS.

versifier
11-29-2005, 06:26 PM
357tex, Maybe not much sport, but still a lot of satisfaction. :mrgreen:
I liked Texas a lot & have been there several times, but it's missing the three most important things for me: my kids, snowy mountains, and partridges (ruffed grouse to you non-New Englanders). But for those, I found it to be great, good food, hospitable people, and lots of elbow room. I'd think about retiring there.... 8)

grumble
11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
It's pretty likely you do have a monitor problem. Before buying a new one though, try a couple things:
-remove the video card when the machine's off and reboot, then turn it off again, replace the video card, and start it up again.
-go into control panel and refresh the drivers and run a diagnostic if your version of windows allows it

If you still have the problem, then go ahead and get the new monitor. Those flat screen monitors are pretty neat! So, forget the tests above, just go ahead and get a flat monitor. <GGG>

SharpsShooter
11-29-2005, 06:52 PM
A few years ago, the boss calls my office and tells me there is something wrong with his monitor. He was a gent of advanced years and had been struggling with the newfangled computer stuff as he called it. Anyway, when I asked him to describe the problem, he said "The screen is so dark I need a flashlight to see what is on it". I laughed thinking it was interesting way to describe a monitor that was "on it's way out". Sooo..I goes to his office and about fell over laughing when I arrived. There on his desk was a genuine 2-D cell flashlight that he had been shining on the screen in an attempt to see the document he was trying to work on at the time.

:lol:

RayinNH
11-30-2005, 12:13 AM
357tex, before you go buying a brand new monitor, check with your local computer guru to see if he has used monitors. My local guy buys them from businesses that keep upgrading every couple years. I've purchased two that way, one for home and one for work @ $30 apiece. They were better quality than came with the computer originally...Ray