PDA

View Full Version : Small wheel weight got smaller

lightman
07-26-2018, 10:01 PM
A friend visiting on vacation from out of state brought me a box of wheel weights from the dealership that he works at. He had a few buckets saved up but the scrap guy got them. Oh well. Anyway, about 50% were non lead, mostly steel, and about 50% of the lead ones were stick-on. I think thats about what you guys are reporting on getting from dealerships. I didn't really need them but they were free. Local wheel weights are still producing a fairly high % of lead around here. These were from Houston. Nice of him to bring them to me anyway.

Edit- title should say small wheel weight score got smaller. Thank you spell check!

ThomR
07-27-2018, 12:07 AM
Nice score! Any idea how much you got?

lightman
07-27-2018, 09:00 AM
Guessing 50# of weights yielded about 25#of lead. Not a big score but free and cleaner than the weights that I usually get from tire stores. I mostly posted because these came from a dealership, the first I've had, and to show the newer guys that networking does work. I've been reading that the scores from dealerships have fewer lead weights. The scores that I get locally are still yielding good percentages of lead, although more and more stick-on weights.

kevin c
07-27-2018, 11:40 AM
Free is good. Lead WW is good. Neither is much available out my way (California) save what friends have given me.