PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help!!

Mikie505
07-24-2018, 11:52 PM
Just wondering what is a good powder for a 160 grain cast boolit. They are powdered coated no gas check. Don't need to produce really fast loads......just want good shooting loads. I have read that some powders have been discontinued but would like to find out what is a good load.
thanks,
Mike

zymguy
07-24-2018, 11:57 PM
Were going to need some more info. What caliber for example. Get yourself a copy of lyman cast bullets handbook .
You found the right group for questions, welcome to the rabbithole

sureYnot
07-25-2018, 12:31 AM
As soon as you said "no gas check" you tripped the fan boys. Don't let 'em tell you it can't be done at such and such speed or "conventional wisdom says". Anything can be done, if you're determined. How about a pic of that boolit and some info as to what you want out of it?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Wayne Smith
07-25-2018, 07:15 AM
Specific boolit, specific caliber and gun, and specific outcome desired are the least we need to know. Get the Lyman Cast Boolit Handbook and the Lyman 50th edition if you don't have them. Full of the kind of information you are wanting.

Tatume
07-25-2018, 07:41 AM
Also: http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/

gwpercle
07-25-2018, 06:25 PM
A 160 grain powder coated boolit.....That's all the info we get , hard to help with so little info....
I can help with reloading but I can't read minds . Specific's matter a lot in this hobby.
Gary