PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
07-24-2018, 06:45 AM
unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. MATTHEW 5:20
The characteristic of a disciple is not that he does good things, but that he is good in his motives, having been made good by the supernatural grace of God. The only thing that exceeds right-doing is right-being. Jesus Christ came to place within anyone who would let Him a new heredity that would have a righteousness exceeding that of the scribes and Pharisees. Jesus is saying, “If you are My disciple, you must be right not only in your actions, but also in your motives, your aspirations, and in the deep recesses of the thoughts of your mind.” Your motives must be so pure that God Almighty can see nothing to rebuke. Who can stand in the eternal light of God and have nothing for Him to rebuke? Only the Son of God, and Jesus Christ claims that through His redemption He can place within anyone His own nature and make that person as pure and as simple as a child. The purity that God demands is impossible unless I can be remade within, and that is exactly what Jesus has undertaken to do through His redemption.
No one can make himself pure by obeying laws. Jesus Christ does not give us rules and regulations— He gives us His teachings which are truths that can only be interpreted by His nature which He places within us. The great wonder of Jesus Christ’s salvation is that He changes our heredity. He does not change human nature— He changes its source, and thereby its motives as well

Wayne Smith
07-24-2018, 07:26 AM
Amen, Praise God!

GhostHawk
07-24-2018, 07:49 AM
Amen and a very good lesson.

Pine Baron
07-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Thank you rl, seems a lot of folks don't get this.

square butte
07-24-2018, 09:05 AM
Thank You for the Scripture and word this morning - Your efforts do not go unappreciated

Blackwater
07-25-2018, 02:18 PM
The scribes and pharisees of that day were much like the newspapers (and other media) and politicians of today are. While I believe there are still a few good, Christian people in our gov't, and among our representatives and Senators and leaders, I think a blind man could see that most really aren't. I believe many go into politics and maybe the media (?) with good intentions, but intentions are NOT enough to stabilize a soul's "rudder," and keep them on track. Add in the riches that come from "playing the game," and it's a wonder there are ANY Christians among the whole crowd! But the human spirit is NOT completely gullable, and subject too the many, many temptations and lies Satan fosters upon us. But only a person with a pure heart can stand all the assaults on our belief that we are subjected to these days. Those last are pretty rare, and seem, at least from one perspective, to be getting rarer. God help us! We can't fight this battle alone!