PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Buckwheatpaul needs a prayer or two!

Boaz
07-23-2018, 09:29 PM
My better-half is going to have a complete knee replacement tomorrow.....she could use some prayers for comfort, fear from fear of the surgery, healing and the medical team that will do their magic through the guidance of God. Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen......Boaz will post how the surgery went......thanks my Cast Boolits family......Paul

(I took the liberty to copy and paste this here , the original post is in the Chapel . Boaz)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?364609-Mrs-Buckwheatpaul-needs-a-prayer-or-two!

slim1836
07-23-2018, 09:43 PM
Prayers sent for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Slim

6mm win lee
07-23-2018, 10:50 PM
Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together. - Red Green

Amen

mattw
07-23-2018, 11:21 PM
Prayers sent your way! One bit of advice, do the PT. If it locks up or the muscles and tendons atrophy, she will have real problems.

lefty o
07-23-2018, 11:27 PM
wish her the best. almost never hear bad things long term about a knee replacement if the patient does the pt after.

Tom W.
07-23-2018, 11:35 PM
Prayers from here. My late wife had two hips and a shoulder replaced. By all means do the PT. Marge didn't do as she was supposed to for her shoulder and the results were not good.

Col4570
07-24-2018, 02:59 AM
Tell her that the light is at the end of the tunnel and she is taking the right steps to overcome her pain.I had both Knees replaced in 2005, 6 months between operations,since then I have not looked back.Initially she will experience some discomfort but each day will bring her back to a comfortable and active life.A couple of tips to help her,an Ice Pack will ease the pain (I used a Pack of Frozen Peas).Bed sheets can be uncomfortable so I purchased a Plastic Storage Box and cut the ends out then draped the Sheets over thus avoiding contact with any weight.As soon as she is able a daily walk starting with a few steps then increasing as she progresses will go a long way to build tissue that will surround the surgery.As a carer be patient,best wishes.

bedbugbilly
07-24-2018, 08:10 AM
Prayers sent.

My wife had a partial knee replacement this past February. She got along fine and recovered fast from it as she did the exercises prior to the surgery and after it. If she follows what is laid out for her for recovery from the surgery, the PT and the exercised, she'll be up to snuff in no time. Best of luck to her - she'll be in our thoughts. Let us know how it goes for her.

Boaz
07-24-2018, 02:11 PM
Paul just called me and she is out of surgery and awake . She is having a lot of pain but the surgery was successful . She can not take pain medicine so I will be praying for our Lord to help her with the pain . Paul said to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and when he can he will post .

Preacher Jim
07-24-2018, 02:21 PM
Lord you have blessed with success on surgery now we ask you ease the pain for Paul's wife and give her your peace to rest in as she heals.
Amen

Grmps
07-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Thanks for letting us know

clum553946
07-24-2018, 02:46 PM
Best wishes and prayers sent

MaryB
07-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Prayers for less pain and a speedy recovery...

xs11jack
07-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Prayers being sent. God will see her thru.
Ole Jack

gray wolf
07-25-2018, 02:43 PM
Prayers sent for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery

GW

Hickok
07-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Lord you have blessed with success on surgery now we ask you ease the pain for Paul's wife and give her your peace to rest in as she heals.
AmenAnd amen in the name of Christ Jesus our Savior!

I really hate to hear Mrs. Buckwheat cannot take any pain medication.

buckwheatpaul
07-25-2018, 04:04 PM
A quick update....she is walking and crying due to the pain....there are so few meds that she can take to help her control her pain.....Thank each of you for the prayers and encouragement......Paul

lefty o
07-25-2018, 06:38 PM
it'll be a rough couple weeks, but stick with it, and the results will be worth it.

David2011
07-25-2018, 10:45 PM
Oh, my. I have high regards for Buckwheat Paul and no doubt his wife is of the same cut of the cloth. My total knee replacement was in April of last year. I can’t imagine going through it without pain meds. Prayers sent that she will get through the painful part quickly. My Dad (At 84) had both replaced; one last Fall and one in April of this year. He had far less pain than I and was on meds for much less time. Not sure I had the best surgery in retrospect. Hoping she recovers like Dad has.

Ice is great medicine, applied as much as the doc approves.

buckwheatpaul
07-26-2018, 11:12 PM
Thank each of you for your prayers. I have her home and she is resting. The medical team finally found a pain med that works to some degree....the problem is a drop in blood pressure....have to watch over her like a hawk. It is so great having her home and I am proud of my Cast Boolits Family for their prayers and support for my true better-half! Paul