PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Buckwheatpaul needs a prayer or two!

buckwheatpaul
07-23-2018, 04:54 PM
My better-half is going to have a complete knee replacement tomorrow.....she could use some prayers for comfort, fear from fear of the surgery, healing and the medical team that will do their magic through the guidance of God. Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen......Boaz will post how the surgery went......thanks my Cast Boolits family......Paul

Preacher Jim
07-23-2018, 05:11 PM
Paul I put her on church prayer list as well as my own.
Asking Lord to comfort and heal her quickly and keep her doing the PT till they say stop.

popper
07-23-2018, 05:15 PM
Sent. Putting that off as long as I can.

RogerDat
07-23-2018, 07:19 PM
You got it.

Boaz
07-23-2018, 07:32 PM
Lord be with her tomorrow . Help her through this surgery to replace her knee , guide her doctor and all involved . Work through them to relive her pain and let her be more active again . Give her the comfort and confidence that only you can Lord in preparation and after it's done . Guide her and Paul through this . Thank you for all you do in their lives . Amen

slim1836
07-23-2018, 09:44 PM
She's on my prayer list, stay strong my friend.

Slim

BNE
07-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Praying for her.

RKJ
07-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Buckwheatpaul, I just got my left one done about 10 days ago. If I may, encourage her to take the pain meds every 4 hours (as prescribed) I took one every 4 hours and it helped a lot. You might ask for some Flexerill (muscle relaxer) also, as I had awful muscle spasms but with the meds they are were okay (they lasted about 1 full day). I'm getting a lot more movement and can do a lot that I couldn't do the first week. Please do the PT as it really does help. I hope I'm not scaring you or your wife, I'm glad I got it done and am looking forward to being pain free and mobile in about another week. I found also (if she can stand it) when the pain hits is to rub it gently and that seemed to help. Good luck and she is in my thoughts.

Goatwhiskers
07-23-2018, 10:23 PM
Paul, on my list even as i type. It's easy to say that knee surgery is no big deal anymore, but when it's you getting cut on fear is normal. Tell her there will be an angel standing on either side, everything will be OK. GW

Bzcraig
07-23-2018, 11:57 PM
May the peace that surpasses all understanding overcome both of you and the surgery and recovery complete and successful.

jcren
07-24-2018, 12:29 AM
Prayers sent

sparky45
07-24-2018, 12:50 AM
Paul, if the Anesthesia person does Popliteal Blocks, your wife will be pain free for a couple of days. Downside is she won't be able to ambulate during that time. Most Ortho Drs. these days want ambulation the next day. Praying for a excellent outcome.

Wayne Smith
07-24-2018, 07:29 AM
Praying for the MD's and mechanics as they do the surgery.

kbstenberg
07-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Paul i hope and pray everything goes good for the wife.
My recoup from the same op. went well.
Be aware she might (I did) have night tremmers. When she is asleep her knee will feel like it is going out of joint. It isn't but it will feel that way And she wakes up screeming. All the best Kevin

Pine Baron
07-24-2018, 08:28 AM
My sincere prayers for the Mrs. and for you, Paul.

daloper
07-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Father God. Today I lift up Paul's wife. Be with her as she has this replacement surgery. Calm her heart and soul. Give the doctors wisdom and guild their hands. Be with her afterwards to get her strength back after the surgery. Be with Paul and give him peace and comfort as he waits for this to happen. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ , I pray. Amen

nagantguy
07-24-2018, 08:34 AM
Prayers sent! If it helps at all my father 63 years old just had his left knee done the right one was done in April; both total replacements. It went extremely well for him and has improved his quality of life tremendously. This may help the wife; he is terrified of hospitals and mistrustful of the medical community; other than putting an axe through his leg in 1976 and braking his sternum in 2007 he hasn’t been to doctor or hospital; he found the experience to be pleasant and the staff and surgeon first rate and had no anxiety by the time the second surgery came around last Tuesday!
A side note for you; for a few days after the operation some people are not themselves; don’t take it personally if your wife is snappy or grouchy or sort of spacey; the only time my dad has yelled at me as an adult and the only time he’s ever yelled at his granddaughter was ttwo days after surgery; the meds had him going on wild mood swings but only for about 48 hours. He doesn’t even remember the incident.

mozeppa
07-24-2018, 08:49 AM
Hey B. Paul ...

surgery is a walk in the park ...she'll have a therapist for a few weeks.
tell her to DO the exercises ...do them even more than the therapist says!

this will help her have the 120 degrees of bend to function properly.

i have both new knees.

bet ya they have her up and walking 30 minutes after she wakes up!:awesome:

square butte
07-24-2018, 09:03 AM
Prayers sent up for Her and everyone involved, including You - We Love Ya Both

Boaz
07-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Paul just called me and she is out of surgery and awake . She is having a lot of pain but the surgery was successful . She can not take pain medicine so I will be praying for our Lord to help her with the pain . Paul said to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and when he can he will post .

koehn,jim
07-24-2018, 04:49 PM
prayer sent.

Boaz
07-25-2018, 06:22 AM
Lord be close to her today and help her with her pain . Guide all her care team during her time in the hospital that is preparing her to go home and to help her begin rehab . Speed her recovery and the healing Lord . She has tolerated her knee situation a long time Lord please give her relief from the pain and full recovery . Thank you Lord . Amen

USMC87
07-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Added to our prayer list, May God relieve her pain and give her strength and encouragement.

Blackwater
07-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Paul, you're both in my prayers. May the good Lord bless you both.

castalott
07-29-2018, 03:15 PM
Sincere Prayers for Health, Healing, Good Outcome, Faith, and Mercy... Amen

DCP
07-30-2018, 06:11 PM
She must be one tough lady. No pain medication. Blessings to you both!