PDA

View Full Version : CZ Model 3 Rifle

StarMetal
11-29-2005, 09:21 AM
CZ had a rifle that was made in the U.S. for the Winchester short magnum family of cartridges. It's been discontinued. A friend of mine put me onto this as he's been in a guess a CZ forum of some sort and the talk there was it was being phased out because of poor quality. Now get this, the action is castings were done by a company that does action castings for Ruger. hahahahaha I had to laugh when I heard that one. No offense Ruger owners, poor Ruger getting another bad rap.

Joe

Scrounger
11-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Ruger does their own castings, Joe. Like many corporations, they have more heads than a Hydra; two of which are investment casting companies, one in New Hampshire and one in Prescott, Arizona. Which is not to say that you aren't right; it is possible that CZ rejected their quality. Ce la vie...

StarMetal
11-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Art,

You'd be surprised at how many parts these firearm companies farm out. My friend that told me about this works for a high tech machining outfit in the Fort Collins area of Colorado. He tells me of the unusual parts they work on from time to time for various gun manufacturers, such as Ruger and Smith. I said hell Ruger has their own casting factories and he'd say I know, I know, but we make this part for them. So when he heard what he told me he didn't doubt it one bit, neither do I.

Joe

Herb in Pa
11-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Here's the company info on Ruger's casting facilities............

http://www.pinetreecastings.com/Casting/index.html

StarMetal
12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Some new information has come to my attention about this CZ Model 3. My friend has heard that supposely Montana Rifle was making the rifle for CZ. He then found out that Montana Rifle's main sales person is gone, that they have moved, and few phonelines to reach them. As he pointed out that if you connect the dots that is doesn't look like things are going good for Montana Rifle.

He also got to examine a few of these rifles. Basically they were to be pretty much a copy of the Winchester Model 70. He said they looked terrible, real poor quality.

Joe