PDA

View Full Version : Has there been a RCBS 35-200-FN Group Buy?

ihmsakiwi
09-20-2008, 04:46 AM
I've searched the threads and can't see that anyone has proposed this bullet in a six-banger GB. Am I right? Is there any interest, it is my all-time favorite 357 mould and my FA 357 can't get enough of them. Only wish I could scope my FA revolver without marking its finish. This bullet in the FA is good for most of half size rams at 200 metres. Would love to be able to have a scope to actually sight on a specific "dot" to see just how good this bullet is. Peter.:castmine:

Bret4207
09-20-2008, 07:42 AM
No, not that I recall. I'd make a post in the GB area and see if anyone wants to Honcho one. It'd be quite a while getting it since orders are 6-8 months behind now.

wiljen
09-20-2008, 08:00 AM
If you would settle for a 3 or 4 cav, we might be able to cut the time pretty dramatically. Either Old West or NEI have turn-around times substantially below lee at present, they just dont have a 6 cav block to offer.

bobk
09-20-2008, 08:52 AM
To be honest, the current setup is what has kept me away from group buys. 6-8 months is a lot longer than I want to wait, and I'm pretty sure my crippled old hands couldn't deal with a 6 cavity for very long.

Bob K

Echo
09-20-2008, 11:20 AM
BobK, it's amazing what crippled up old hands can do, regarding 6-gang molds. They weigh less than 4-cavity iron molds (I think!). Setting a spacer under the spout to bring the mold up to the right level means that one is NOT holding the mold up by muscle power - then pulling it out and resting it on the folded towel used to receive the cast boolits means that, again, one is NOT supporting the mold by muscle power alone. Try it, you'll like it!

Seeriously, using a 6-cavity Al mold is less tiring than using a 4-cavity iron mold.

Given that, I agree, 6 months (AT LEAST!) IS a long time to wait. But. If you DON't order now, 6 months from now you won't have a mold, and you will be 6 mos down the road...

Buckshot
09-21-2008, 03:19 AM
...............A 6 banger Lee weighs a LOT less then the 4 cav Lyman!

...............Bucksot

Bret4207
09-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Bob- A 6 banger Lee is really very easy to handle. I have athur-itiss in my hands bad some days (and I'm only 48, bodes well for the future, eh?) and the Lee are a breeze to handle compared to a 4 banger Lyman or, God help me, my 10 cav H+G. A mould rest, or preferably ladle pouring, makes it easy.

bobk
09-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, to be honest, the biggest molds I have are 2 cavity. I don't mind the loss of production. I don't shoot as much as I would like. This will change when I retire, I'm sure.
Bob K

Scrounger
09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I'd be a lot more interested in a RCBS 35-250-FN. It is a special order mold, never turns up on the used market. I'd go for one of these, preferably a two cavity from NEI or someplace other than Lee.