PDA

View Full Version : trade for shot

lunicy
09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Do you think anyone would trade 2lb of lead for 1 lb of shot. I'd even take dirty lead (range or wheelweights, the 2 lb would be after smelting of course). Do you think people would go for that. I am making a shot maker. In the course of casting and making shot, (and even some shootin') i haven't the time to scrounge lead.

turbo1889
09-20-2008, 12:28 AM
That's standard split for such deals 50/50 seems to be the name of the game with the lead-provider/shot-taker paying for shiping if necessary.

RP
10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I offer the exchange lead for shot but most people just dont want to do it. So after making 2 1/2 tons of shot I have gotten about 200 lbs of lead back for a trade. Most was from one fellow. Other warning is the lead they send you has to be from a good sorce or it will be a pain if its not clogged nozzles oversized shot undersized shot. Range lead drops one size good but WWs drop another size not much of a big deal until you go to sort it.

mikenbarb
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Let me know how much you need and I would be glad to trade some clean lead for some shot. Shoot me a pm if your interested. Its all smelted WW lead I have and may have some soft but gotta check. Im making a machine myself but it would save me some time if I need some quickly. Mike

PatMarlin
10-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I also need shot. What sizes do you have?

mikenbarb
10-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Please put Pat ahead of me because I still got quite a bit left and think hes in need of some quickly. Thanks.