PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog goes supersonic?

Ghugly
09-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I've got one of the GB .44 slim moulds and it drops boolits at 162gr with my alloy (basically Lyman #2). I loaded a box up using 6 1/2 gr of Bullseye and took them to the range yesterday. The Bulldog started making noise and muzzle blast like never before. There is very little recoil and the brass just falls out of the cylinder (I'm used to 250gr Keith's over 7 1/2gr of Unique), but the sharp CRACK!! and muzzle blast had the other 6 guys at the range walking over and asking "what the hell are you shooting?"

The only explanation I can think of, is that I've gone supersonic. Any thoughts?

Ricochet
09-19-2008, 07:54 PM
That's exactly what's happened. I want to load up some Lee 452-160-RF to go over the Mach out of my Government Model.

jdgabbard
09-19-2008, 08:21 PM
I'd hate to be the guy looking down the barrel of that cannon!

Bret4207
09-20-2008, 08:45 AM
A Charter BD shooting loads that go SS!!!! As President and CEO/CFO/CCABW of the Charter BD Aficionados Association, LTD., I must decry your obvious smear campaign and advise you to cease and desist! Next thing you know you'll be telling people these cheap Thursday Night Specials can actually group!:mrgreen::drinks:

Ghugly
09-20-2008, 03:01 PM
A Charter BD shooting loads that go SS!!!! As President and CEO/CFO/CCABW of the Charter BD Aficionados Association, LTD., I must decry your obvious smear campaign and advise you to cease and desist! Next thing you know you'll be telling people these cheap Thursday Night Specials can actually group!:mrgreen::drinks:

Sorry. I have pistols that were made by Swiss watchmakers in clean-rooms here and elsewhere. I do appreciate fine craftsmanship and precision engineering, I really do. If I broke my little S&W Hand-ejector, I'd probably need grief counseling.

The BD is more like it was built in a boiler factory by Russian Missile-makers. If I ever manage to wear it out, I'll shrug , perhaps even let out a sigh, and buy another one. After proof-testing with 50 250gr Keiths over 9.5grs of Unique (don't ask), I'm pretty well convinced that I can't blow it up. And yes, contrary to popular belief, it will group.

Frank V
09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Ghugly, glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the Bulldog. Frank

Bret4207
09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
I love my BD. With the 421429 and 6.0 Unique or the factory 246 rn it'll plop them in a nice round group if I do my part.

Ghugly- that last post was humor.

Ghugly
09-27-2008, 04:57 AM
I love my BD. With the 421429 and 6.0 Unique or the factory 246 rn it'll plop them in a nice round group if I do my part.

Ghugly- that last post was humor.

I know :-D I was playing off your humor with an attempt at a bit of my own ..........not a great attempt, I guess.