PDA

View Full Version : It’s TOO hot to grill!!!!!!! The perfect hot summer meal

bangerjim
07-17-2018, 09:57 PM
“Woman”, I said, “it’s too darned hot to grill those ribeyes.”

So I sliced up a bunch of big portobello mushrooms and sautéed them in a little butter until perfect cooked down.

At the same time, boiled some huge ears of yellow/white fresh corn-on-the-cob.

Finally took the bunch of HUGE prauns that were supposed to go on the grill with the steaks, threw them in a pan with a little butter and coated each with lots of smoked paprika, sautéed them until nice and golden brown.

And a couple bottles of ice cold Budweiser Freedom Reserve Red Lagers to wash it all down.

As I was cleaning up the pans while still hot, she was in the dining room chowing down on everything! “I did all the cooking” I said, “Can’t you wait?”

She said, “but I did the corn.” (Actually she boiled the water!!!!!!!!)

But is was a perfect easy hot summer evening meal. I’ll tackle those steaks tomorrow night!

good eating!!!!

Bangerjim

Tom W.
08-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Yesterday I had to go to Publix to get some lactose free milk. I stayed a bit longer and bought some hamburger and a Vidalia onion, as well as some fresh broccoli. I was going to grill some hamburgers for Lori and myself, but when I got home I found 4 pork chops. Ah Ha! I marinated them in Dale's Sauce and a few shots of worcestershire and fired up the grill. Then the rain started. Not hard, but steady. I put them on the top rack and grilled them slowly. Then I roasted the Broccoli in the oven. Just about the time the broccoli was finished Lori came home. We ate well.

Tonight Lori has "open house" @ school and will be there until 2000. I made hamburger patties and put them into the freezer, except for two which I just finished.......:bigsmyl2: