PDA

View Full Version : Sop.. I have some Pewter and Tin and about a ton of straight PB...

cwlongshot
07-17-2018, 02:32 PM
I had a supply of lino. I knew it was dwindling, but turns out what I THOUGHT was a two foot high stack of lino is not. I need to test as its harvested from health care items. Its not dead soft, has a "ring" to it when dropped and remains quite shiny even tho sitting in back of garage for 20 years...

Last week, I was on a trip and picked up about 25-30# of pewter smelted into 1/2 full muffin tins as well as 32 "bars" about 2"x4"x1/4" that are stamped "TIN 1#". Customer I got them from dosen't have any idea where or how these where made. He received with a "boat load" of scrap some 10 years ago and never used them. He thought that the Pewter was a precious metal like Silver or Gold. I happened to be speaking with one of his employees about Powder coated cast bullets... and he over herd and imply wanted all this "****" outta his office!!

I have never had need or reason to "mix" as I used Lino 20/80 ish with lead. :roll:

I kinda perused some of the thread about mixing. Kinda glazed over with some of it.[smilie=1::(

I really don't need specifics for hardness, (As told with my mix) But Lyman #2 is a target hardness. Is there a simply mix to get there with what I have or will I require some Antimony?

CW

rmark
07-18-2018, 03:55 PM
I think the lead alloy calculator is what you want.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?105952-Lead-alloy-calculators