PDA

View Full Version : Cimarron model p

bigted
07-17-2018, 06:59 AM
I did a rooky mistake other day, i bid on a Cimarron model p 38-40 revolver and now inspecting i see it is a ASM revolver. I always thought that Uberti made all the Cimarron guns.

Are these revolvers worth a dang generally?

Also how do they hold value? Generally, i know can not put value on a certain gun but generally.

cwlongshot
07-17-2018, 08:13 AM
I have one. Mines in 45COLT and it feels shoots and handles like a old friend. Its shot more then any COLT that I have.

Mine is a Brass frame blued 4 1/2" gun. PLUS altho I don't handle it roughly, should it get a bump or ding I don't worry as I would if it was a COLT wearing three "0"'s after it.

CW

indian joe
07-17-2018, 10:05 AM
I did a rooky mistake other day, i bid on a Cimarron model p 38-40 revolver and now inspecting i see it is a ASM revolver. I always thought that Uberti made all the Cimarron guns.

Are these revolvers worth a dang generally?

Also how do they hold value? Generally, i know can not put value on a certain gun but generally.

had an ASM (EMFco) 44/40 ----lost it in the howard buyback - still pissed off about that - it was a really good gun - my capgun is an ASM 51 navy that has done a lot of work and had a few wins -- If you get one as good as either of mine you will not be sorry!!

Der Gebirgsjager
07-17-2018, 11:10 AM
To my way of thinking, the name Cimarron stamped on something indicates a high quality firearm, no matter who actually manufactured it for them.
Same with Taylor. :-D

Char-Gar
07-17-2018, 12:47 PM
To my way of thinking, the name Cimarron stamped on something indicates a high quality firearm, no matter who actually manufactured it for them.
Same with Taylor. :-D

Yep, the Cimarron Ubertis were several notches about the firearms Uberti sold under their own name. I would assume this holds true from the Cimarron ASM as well.

bigted
07-17-2018, 06:16 PM
Cool, thanks for the reply's.

RobertS
07-21-2018, 09:31 PM
I have one in 45 colt and have no complaints at all with it. Enjoy it!

bigted
07-22-2018, 12:10 AM
Ahh did not get it before another scooped it up. Nother lesson ... thanks