PDA

View Full Version : Buckshot's 358627 Hollow Point Conversion

GLL
09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Catshooter requested a photo of the 358627 mould that Buckshot converted to Hollow Point for me.

Here tis !

Very nice craftsmanship on Rick’s part !

Jerry

http://www.fototime.com/48F5B23791A6340/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/764FE0DF38E319D/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/D567983BBE2911D/standard.jpg

Meatco1
09-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Rick does excellent work on all his projects!!

Nice bullets.

Richard

Catshooter
09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Very nice Jerry, thank you.

That Buckshot guy does good work when he's sober. :)

Cat

jimkim
09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Beautiful. Very good work.

scb
09-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Great pictures too.

Buckshot
09-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Very nice Jerry, thank you.

That Buckshot guy does good work when he's sober. :)

Cat

................Hic. :-) As a matter of fact I had to explain via PM to a gentleman here that his mould was being delayed by a day as I (and I knew better then) decided on a beer late that afternoon. Then spent the next couple hours sitting on the front porch and having a few more while watching the evening approch and deepen.

I got some pretty fancy cogitating done, but wasn't in the shop accomplishing anything:mrgreen:

GLL, that's an OLD one!

..............Buckshot

GLL
09-20-2008, 02:27 PM

GLL, that's an OLD one!

..............Buckshot

Actually it is a recent one ! :) The pin is from an "OLD one" for photographic purposes ! It's "prettier" ! Artistic license ! :) :)

Jerry

Flinchrock
09-21-2008, 07:28 AM
................Hic. :-) As a matter of fact I had to explain via PM to a gentleman here that his mould was being delayed by a day as I (and I knew better then) decided on a beer late that afternoon. Then spent the next couple hours sitting on the front porch and having a few more while watching the evening approch and deepen.

I got some pretty fancy cogitating done, but wasn't in the shop accomplishing anything:mrgreen:

GLL, that's an OLD one!

..............Buckshot

Buckshot,,,we all need a break now and then, ain't a durn thing wrong with having a cold one and watching the sun go down!

Bret4207
09-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Wouldn't you think Lyman would take an interest in all these moulds we have to screw with or hunt up and pay big bucks for? Not trying to put Buck outta business, but Lymans attitude pisses me off!:twisted:

Dale53
09-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I wrote them (Lyman) earlier this year with the same complaint and they just gave me the "stock answer" - weren't selling enough to warrant producing them...

Heck, they have even quit supplying the 452424 in a four cavity mould (two cavity only). Since they are supplying it in two cavity, why not four?:confused: Elmer would be turning over in his grave.

I wouldn't care so much, but Lyman is the only one that has good steel four cavity moulds for a reasonable price. Otherwise, I would just opt for someone else's mould, like RCBS, etc.

Lyman DOES make a good mould for a reasonable price. I use a lot of Lee moulds but they don't always have the "right" designs.

If Lee would make a .44 and a .45 Six Cavity of the same type as their .358 RF 158 gr I would buy those (I believe I have said that before:confused:).

Guess I"ll just struggle along with two cavity moulds for Keith .358, .430, and .452... (it COULD be worse - they could be ONE cavity moulds:???:)

Dale53