PDA

View Full Version : Adult Fun Drinks Err Jello Shots ??

Johnch
07-14-2018, 03:55 AM
OK , next weekend a bunch of ... family , mostly over 21 and a lot of us WELL over 21 are having a party
At the party , a few young kids and the rest of us range from 20 to almost 90

I am helping with the Adult drinks
The Beer is covered by my cousin as he will make several different batches

I am rounding up wine and bottles of different hard stuff .... mostly donated

But I am also making a BUNCH of Jello Shots , as I have 3 refrigerators to store them
As Saturday night we will be playing poker till .... LOL Sometime Sunday morning

As the night go'es along , for some reason we eat a bunch of the Jello shots

I already have a bunch of Grape Jello Shot using my Concord Grape Wine :grin:

And plan on several other normal normal mixes

But what I need is some ideas of Jello Shot flavors that are good tasting
But not the normal ones

I will be making at least 2 batches of Lime Margarita Jello Shots and 2 of Strawberry Jello Shots .... so those flavors are covered

What else is good for us to enjoy around the poker tables ??

John

rancher1913
07-14-2018, 09:17 AM
watermelon infused with ?

Hardcast
07-14-2018, 12:00 PM
A local Bar/Restaurant sells pudding shots. The last time we were there, they had 3 flavors. Birthday cake, salted caramel, and neither my wife or I can recall the 3rd flavor. We were not drunk, it's just that we are old enough that we can't recall all the details. But they were all very good. :)

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-14-2018, 12:08 PM
It's a bit of work, but Pickleback Jello shots are tasty, if you like pickles that is.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a53363/pickleback-jello-shots-recipe/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsmtbp9n0z0

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-14-2018, 12:14 PM
ALSO, if you've ever had Cherry Koolaid pickles, they are a tasty combination that seems odd, before you try them.
https://tornadoughalli.com/kool-aid-pickles/

ANYWAY, you could alter the Pickleback jello shots, by using CHERRY Jello, to get a similar taste combination.

bangerjim
07-14-2018, 12:29 PM
A party sound like fun!!!!!!!!!!

I just have never understood jello shots! Have had about every flavor on the grocery store shelf mixed with all kinds of hooch.

I prefer my (quality) booze sippped slowly and my jello (very limited flavors!) with fruit in it.

Have fun! Stay safe!

Char-Gar
07-14-2018, 12:49 PM
It you are going to drink, do it like an adult. Drink whisky straight up or one the rocks. Bourbon, Scotch, Irish or Rye should be a personal choice. Jello shots? What kind of kiddie stuff is that? The wussification of America continues. Harumpf!

Outpost75
07-14-2018, 03:23 PM
I'm with Char-Gar on this one. No "training booze" for those barely of legal age disguised as a dessert. Such stuff is only fit for Asian bar girls and enlisted ratings who would not be of legal age to drink at home, on their first Subic liberty who will have to explain the tatoo they don't remember getting...

Adults should not consume alcohol aged less than 1/5 of their years.

One of the benefits of having attained Senior Citizen status is that this means we should only drink the good stuff, 12-year-old single malt Balvenie, or if none is available an acceptable substitute is Remi-Martin 1738 taken "neat" only!

Pipefitter
07-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Get a large jar of maraschino cherries from the local food service vendor, around here it is Gordon's Food Service and the cherries come in 4lb. 10oz. jars. Pour most of the juice into a container to save, into the cherries pour a half pint of Everclear (198 proof ethanol), and a half pint of cherry brandy, then top off the jar with the juice that was saved. Let the cherries soak at least a couple of days before serving.

Around here we call them "Cherry Bombs".

country gent
07-14-2018, 04:06 PM
One of our favorites was to plug a water melon and fill with whiskey once the mellon is full keep turning it so whiskey don't settle then make melon balls

MaryB
07-14-2018, 07:30 PM
Apple Pie moonshine!

I never understood the jello shot thing... blech...

Wayne Smith
07-15-2018, 08:55 AM
Apple Pie moonshine!

Any more than I understand flavored moonshine. Although I do make liquers.

dg31872
07-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Just what exactly is a "jello shot"? I assume Jello made with alcohol?

gwpercle
07-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Apple Pie moonshine!

That stuff taste so good it should be ....illegal !!!!!!

One of the best tasting shines I ever drank was , of all things , "Banana" I don't know how it's made but the taste was sublime. Wish my "connections" could relocate them boy's , a big hurricane messed up their operations and they moved.
Gary

frankenfab
07-15-2018, 07:49 PM
I have had the banana, and it was awesome. I think they just soak some bananas in it for a while, and you get fine bits of banana suspended in the shine. I had grape that was the same way. Had little floaties in it.

Char-Gar
07-16-2018, 12:24 AM
This thread is about the destruction of the American male!

Char-Gar
07-16-2018, 12:27 AM
I'm with Char-Gar on this one. No "training booze" for those barely of legal age disguised as a dessert. Such stuff is only fit for Asian bar girls and enlisted ratings who would not be of legal age to drink at home, on their first Subic liberty who will have to explain the tatoo they don't remember getting...

Adults should not consume alcohol aged less than 1/5 of their years.

One of the benefits of having attained Senior Citizen status is that this means we should only drink the good stuff, 12-year-old single malt Balvenie, or if none is available an acceptable substitute is Remi-Martin 1738 taken "neat" only!

A few years back, I asked my cardiologist, if it was OK for me to continue drinking Scotch Whisky. He looked at me and said "Mr. Graff, a man your age should only drink fine Scotch whisky. If anybody asks you why your drink the expensive stuff, tell them it is Dr's orders.

Everyone should have a medical provider like Roberto Robles.

bikerbeans
07-16-2018, 09:03 AM
If your cousin is an accomplished home brewer I see no reason to have other alcohol at your party.

BB

Love Life
07-21-2018, 11:51 AM
Very few things get drawers droppin’ Like Jell-O shots and hunch punch, oh and Conway Twitty.

Geezer in NH
07-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Apple Pie moonshine!

I know what you mean, kinnda like drinkin' games. Never needed a game to drink.

Kids!!!!!!!!!!

fourarmed
07-30-2018, 09:54 PM
My latest gargle is a shot of Russian Standard vodka, chased with a ripe, yellow cherry tomato.