PDA

View Full Version : Guide me

Boaz
07-07-2018, 05:50 AM
Lord please guide me . Put those in my path you would and guide me . Help me through your Spirit to do as you would have done . Strengthen me to lay aside the distractions and noise around me to give myself to you in what I do through you . Help me lay aside myself to serve you . Amen

square butte
07-07-2018, 06:10 AM
Amen - And thanks for this prayer

USMC87
07-07-2018, 07:25 AM
Amen!

Pine Baron
07-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Amen.

Goatwhiskers
07-07-2018, 09:07 AM
Amen!

DCP
07-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Amen!

GhostHawk
07-07-2018, 09:37 PM
I think he is brother, I think he is!

But it is IMO a good reminder that we all need to stay humble, remember who is in charge, and listen attentively.

buckwheatpaul
07-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Spoken from the heart Charlie....thanks for the prayer....Paul

LAH
07-08-2018, 09:22 PM
A much needed prayer.

Blackwater
07-10-2018, 09:02 PM
I think God's always guiding us. It's us who don't always realize that He's doing it, and sometimes when we get "down," we may not simply have faith that He really cares for us as individuals. I have had MANY instances where I've been VERY thankful He has a very forgiving nature because of these things. I now believe He micromanages any of us who will simply ALLOW Him to do so. That's a hard state to achieve, and even harder (impossible?) to sustain indefinitely. But our lives are like a ship on the sea, that constantly has to keep changing course a little to get to where they want to go. It's the same with us, and we simply have to re-confirm our vectors to arrive where we intend to go. That old saying "asleep at the wheel" probably describes all of us from time to time, and for at least most of us, it's an on-going proposition. But .... God is always happy to see us recommit and reaffirm our paths and our intents, and probably even happier when we truly learn from the things He sets in our path.

Life is like a schoolroom where God is the instructor, and we are a bunch of typically unruly and inattentive pupils, who are probably lucky to learn much of anything at all, despite His wondrous efforts on our behalf. I am SO glad he's a patient and forgiving Lord! I've needed those on SO many occasions!