PDA

View Full Version : World cup.

Col4570
07-05-2018, 07:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KXrRUZqtw
With the world Cup on This is worth watching.

sparkyv
07-05-2018, 07:17 PM
Saw on Drudge that WC viewership was down 42% this year...because US was not in. Amazing, I did not think WC was that big in 'Merica.

dragon813gt
07-05-2018, 08:39 PM
The US hasn’t ever been able to field a good team. So watching to feel patriotic is going to be a huge letdown. If people haven’t been watching they’ve missed a lot of great matches. While the players have been flopping like usual the refs haven’t been calling penalties and are letting them play. I played from the age of four into my mid twenties and I love the game. It’s a shame it’s not popular here. But w/ everyone wanting instant gratification it’s not surprising.

Baseball viewership is down because Millennials need constant stimulation. And unfortunately I’m not making that up. They aren’t watching because there isn’t enough action. People are missing out.

Jeffrey
07-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Whirled Cup. Is that anything like Spin the Bottle?:kidding:

MT Gianni
07-06-2018, 04:42 PM
I have followed Argentina since the 70's. They had little supporting cast for Messi and really did well to make the cup let alone the field of 16.

Kraschenbirn
07-06-2018, 08:25 PM
I care even less about World Cup Soccer than I do about NASCAR since the introduction of the "Car of Tomorrow" platform. It would really be a tough call to name which is more corrupt: FIFA or the France family.

Bill

RED BEAR
07-07-2018, 08:58 AM
soccer is right up there with watching golf on tv or paint dry. probly going to catch some flack from golfers but lets be real it maybe fun to play but watch?

dragon813gt
07-07-2018, 10:33 AM
soccer is right up there with watching golf on tv or paint dry. probly going to catch some flack from golfers but lets be real it maybe fun to play but watch?

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I have no interest in watching the NFL or any thing named football north of the Rio Grande. I can watch Golf but it’s not my favorite thing to do. And playing it is a waste of a good walk. All those golf courses take up valuable shooting range area.

I really enjoy watching soccer. But the US has no club culture so a lot is missing. When in Europe, or pretty much anywhere outside the US, they have matches at a large number of levels. When two counties play each other it’s usually an event that shuts everything down in the host city. One of those things you have to experience. I’ve been fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time to experience this more than once. I couldn’t care less who wins. But being in that type of environment is quite fun.

If you want to experience boring. Watch curling or go to a multi day cricket match. Lots of people like them so I really have no right saying their boring.

dbmjr1
07-07-2018, 10:41 AM
I watch for the great acting skills these player exhibit.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3HebsWpZ1Q

jsizemore
07-08-2018, 09:09 AM
If you want to experience boring. Watch curling or go to a multi day cricket match. Lots of people like them so I really have no right saying their boring.

If you ain't participating, a rifle or pistol match is the worst.

dragon813gt
07-08-2018, 09:59 AM

Can’t argue w/ that one. I feel the same way about bowling. I barely like actually bowling.

Geezer in NH
07-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Sportsball, Meh

Plate plinker
07-13-2018, 10:01 PM

Try watching bowling pin shooting. It’s fun to watch the agony of a pin hanging in there like a hemorrhoid.